bike electrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chubbs111

Car
clk270cdi
anyone clued up on bike electrics please,just went to start my bike (honda cbr600)it fired up then cut out and i dont have any warning lights,with ignition on if i press the starter 3 warning lights come on dim but it doesnt turn over.

When it started, did it start normally?
When you try to start, is there a clicking sound?
Warning lights; none showing with ignition on but they light dimly when starter pressed?

Have you tried turning ignition on a putting headlights on to see if they are nice and bright?

The last thing should tell you how the battery is………lights should be bright as normal running on battery but no engine/alternator running.

Either a flat/faulty battery or a bad connection.
Charge the battery and test it again.

When it started, did it start normally?
When you try to start, is there a clicking sound?
Warning lights; none showing with ignition on but they light dimly when starter pressed?

Have you tried turning ignition on a putting headlights on to see if they are nice and bright?

The last thing should tell you how the battery is………lights should be bright as normal running on battery but no engine/alternator running.
lights are automatic,they come on with ignition,but are not coming on at all,it started first time normally,no clicking sound.

Blown fuse?

Loose battery terminal, or possibly loose frame earth, blown main fuse, possibly bigger than the other fuses.

Last edited:
I do not know how old your battery is, but, I had barely 12 months service out of my last one on the Virago. £50 worth of el cheapo Chinese finest.They seem not to make them like they used to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom