Bike Lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Loads of them round here.

I bet there is no direction white line lane separation, much more likely is the line is to separate the cyclists and pedestrians.

Can you get a photo?

OK. You have a point, but..............LIFE GOES BY SLOWER THE FASTER YOU GO!

Sorry. I just had too :devil: No ones gonna live forever but I think the person most likely to buy the farm in this type of activity is the guys on the bikes.

I bet there is no direction white line lane separation, much more likely is the line is to separate the cyclists and pedestrians.

Can you get a photo?

Will try to, need to remember where it is but it was definitely cycle separation in both directions - which made me :confused:

In hindsight, "loads" was probably the wrong turn of phrase...I blame the Warsteiner.

He probably thought..."We'll move over and pass"...or "I wonder if that bolshy looking Merc driver will give him the space he should"...

I guess they passed without incident... ;)

Hi Dieselman why take the stance that I am a bolshy driver? I respect other road users when they have consideration for others.
There have been many threads by motorists slagging off cyclists because of their own driving failures. I suppose you get good & bad drivers as well as good & bad cyclists. Don't assume you know the standard of my driving. I gave both the room they required even if one was an accident waiting to happen.

Steve

Bi-directional cycle lanes here in Ayrshire don't have dividing lines ; the only time there is a line is when a footpath is divided into a lane for cyclists and a separate one for pedestrians .

Hi Dieselman why take the stance that I am a bolshy driver? I respect other road users when they have consideration for others.

It was only in response to all the ranting threads we get on here were the posters think they are king of the road, including you calling the cyclist a kn*bhead.

Civility goes both ways.:)

Its a pretty lame argument to say its only likely to be cyclists who get hurt if they jump red lights, ride the wrong way down roads etc....Poor cycling gives everyone on two wheels a bad name and means other road users, be they cars or peds, can no longer anticipate - "is THIS cyclist going to stop or blast past?".
I see plenty of dodgy moves by cyclists on my central London commute, not least paddling up the left of left turning HGVs -- a known killer of cyclists :eek:-- and have tbh been guilty of most of them in my time. :rolleyes:
Now that I adhere to the highway code I find my ride much more relaxing:)

Point taken but I was asking if Bike lanes are bi-directional.

Would you not agree that he was not in proper control of his bike?

This could have lead to a avoidable accident hence my comment.

Point taken but I was asking if Bike lanes are bi-directional.

Would you not agree that he was not in proper control of his bike?

This could have lead to a avoidable accident hence my comment.

I wouldn't perform such activities, but I guess he was travelling fairly slowly and didn't cause any problems.

I don't wear earphones when on my bike as I mingle with traffic on the road, but on a dedicated cycle lane it may not be as dangerous. plenty of people do listen to other sounds, both on bikes and in cars.

In as much as he appears to have been fiddling with some sort of handheld device ( regardless of whether he was texting , selecting music on his mp3 player , talking on the phone , using satnav - or whatever ) , I would surmise he was just as distracted as a motorist might have been performing the same tasks whilst driving .

Whether riding or driving , both hands should be available to the vehicle controls , and the mind should not be distracted from the task in hand .

Electronic devices can even be a dangerous distraction to pedestrians !

Some cyclists have insurance , but lots don't .

Serves him right...incredibly irresponsible. Does anyone want to defend his action?

Serves him right...incredibly irresponsible. Does anyone want to defend his action?

Post it on the other side - I can think of a particular member who would have a try, just for devilment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom