Bike Lanes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:d

Is there a reason why I can't access this link??

:dk: Works for me.

Edit. Could be because it's in the off topic area and thus not viewable to non members. Join up and have a look.:p

Last edited:
:dk: Works for me.

Edit. Could be because it's in the off topic area and thus not viewable to non members. Join up and have a look.:p

Hmmm.... That would mean twice as many people to disagree with....;)

I cycled around 4 miles a day too and from work in Cambridge which is meant to be the most bike friendly city in the country.

Not a day goes by without Taxi's, Buses, Lorries and cars cutting me up parking in the cycle lanes or swerving around cars turning right without looking.

Also its impossible to use the red boxes at junctions which are for cyclists to wait infront of the stationary traffic due to vehicles stopping in them.

That said only this afternoon a Woman with a small child on a bike childseat decided to cycle at full wack off the pavement into the cyclelane without looking. 1 second later and I would have knocked both of them off.

If I was the pedestrian at 5.12 I that cyclist would have been cycling for a while! This is absolute stupidity riding through red lights, wrong side of road, wrong way down 1 way's, through pedestrian crossings. They deserve a damn good kicking. And no I aren't joking that is the sort of prat who gives cyclists a bad name for good reason. If I'd ever seen my son riding a bike like that I'd have been at the front of the queue to wallop him.:doh::mad:

If I was the pedestrian at 5.12 I that cyclist would have been cycling for a while! This is absolute stupidity riding through red lights, wrong side of road, wrong way down 1 way's, through pedestrian crossings. They deserve a damn good kicking. And no I aren't joking that is the sort of prat who gives cyclists a bad name for good reason. If I'd ever seen my son riding a bike like that I'd have been at the front of the queue to wallop him.:doh::mad:
Well said
Sad thing is most cyclists, me included, behave totally differently on two wheels from how we would if driving a car.
I think its a "when in Rome thing", because two or more cyclists together set new heights for collect arrogance and idiocy, whilst a single cyclist is a menace but less so.

I actually meant to say the cyclist at 5.12 WOULDN'T have been cycling for a while:doh:

A "Glasgow kiss" might have been in order right on the end of his snot box:D Oh and stamping on his wheels for good measure too:bannana:

Well said
Sad thing is most cyclists, me included, behave totally differently on two wheels from how we would if driving a car.
I think its a "when in Rome thing", because two or more cyclists together set new heights for collect arrogance and idiocy, whilst a single cyclist is a menace but less so.

A bit like gangs really then. Great while the numbers are in there favour bunch of cowardly weeds when not?:rolleyes:

I think my view of cyclists is slightly less entreme than yours.
Not sure I would descibe them as cowardly weeds but they are certainly air heads, and when you put them together their total IQ reduces, so one cyclist has an IQ of perhaps 90, two would have 80 between them, three a collective 60 and so on...

I think my view of cyclists is slightly less entreme than yours.
Not sure I would descibe them as cowardly weeds but they are certainly air heads, and when you put them together their total IQ reduces, so one cyclist has an IQ of perhaps 90, two would have 80 between them, three a collective 60 and so on...

Might be something to do with wearing tight lycra shorts squeezing the brains out of them then.:dk::D Thanks for the explanation I'll revise my opinion from "weeds" to "squeezed" instead.:D It does still remind me of the whole pack animal type thing though, safety in numbers and all that. A bit like gangs of hoodies, football hooligans, mass demonstrators etc.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom