Bike Rack for A200 Turbo????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

londoner2001

Anyone know of a bike rack to fit the A200 Turbo three door model?

Hello

Have you tride thule?

They make roof racks for almost any make of car and also if you have a towbar they have the towbar bike racks.

I guess the actual car is the same as a A150 say? maybe even try flea bay for some bars. I've even seen the kits for inside although these only fit two bikes and I'm guessing for the 4 door model.

Good luck

The MB one is the only one to have if they do yhem for the 169

The MB one is the only one to have if they do yhem for the 169

agreed- they look the nicest/ sleek-est & work well
not sure if it is the same as the B class roof rails & bike rack, which I have & would recommend

THanks for this did not know MB did an own brand one I will look into it, had not looked at Thule either, thanks for these recommendations.

I have one for the roof and one for the tow bar on our C class (204) estate. They are excellent. The only problem is that if you don't have a tow bar already fitted it can be an expensive option. The roof version also works well but there is a risk of scratching teh bodywork when lifting everything up.

Do Mercedes sell and fit the roof bars and rack on cars already owned or only when they sell them as a used car or new car, also anyone got any idea of how many hous labour is involved in installation?

Do Mercedes sell and fit the roof bars and rack on cars already owned or only when they sell them as a used car or new car, also anyone got any idea of how many hous labour is involved in installation?

You can buy them at any point, not just when the car is new.

They regularly come up on ebay!

Hi, the roof mounted bike racks are £91.00 each inc vat (retail) You need one for each bike. They are fixed onto the roof via the roofbars. £185.00 inc vat (retail)

000103C0.jpg

Hi, the roof mounted bike racks are £91.00 each inc vat (retail) You need one for each bike. They are fixed onto the roof via the roofbars. £185.00 inc vat (retail)

000103C0.jpg

-Bargain :crazy::rolleyes:
Most dealers might do 10% discount :rolleyes:

Roof bars often approx £40-50/pair on ebay & cycle bar/rack similar price for one

Then theres the internal one that will fix 2 bikes for £212.00 Really easy to fit, you just drop the rear seat flat and the rack clicks into the securing points that lock the seat in the upright position. you need to remove the front wheel of the bikes and the forks simply clamp to the rack.

000103C3.jpg

We actually have this setup in our showroom at the moment. If you are interested im sure i can do an 'ex-display' deal for you at £157.55 inc vat.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that I was keen to see what it looks like when installed, can it be taken out easily for storage when not in use, also is there room in the back fo teh car with the bikes in to still carry say a travel bag or small suitcase?

In this photo we used a rack welded to the tow bar plus a rack on top. We could put two bikes on top with the top box. The roof carriers were £7 each in a French hypermarket. The roof bars £25 (MB ones ) on ebay. The tow bar attachment £50.

Last edited:
Note: obviously the stock brochure pictures above ( posts #11 & 13) feature the B class, not the A as per the thread subject

Here are the pics of the one in our showroom to show how everything fits.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for posting that I was keen to see what it looks like when installed, can it be taken out easily for storage when not in use, also is there room in the back fo teh car with the bikes in to still carry say a travel bag or small suitcase?

Hi, yes it comes out very easily, its literally as easy as folding the rear seats because it locks into the same mechanism!
Ill be honest i dont think there will be a lot of room in the back for bags with 2 bikes in though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom