Biker jailed for son's 122mph ride!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Speechless:crazy:

Last edited:
They showed that video on the news today, it didn't look like he was doing anywhere near that speed, must have been the perspective.

They showed that video on the news today, it didn't look like he was doing anywhere near that speed, must have been the perspective.
Agreed. However, and by the fact that he plead guilty to Dangerous we can assume that he probably was, he rates as a prize muppet.

Thats some speed to be going into that corner on a wet road.

I'm confused as to why they thought a jail term was appropriate - do you have a link to the story?

Thats some speed to be going into that corner on a wet road.

I'm confused as to why they though a jail term was appropriate - do you have a link to the story?

He had his 14 year old son on the back with no protective clothing doing 122mph in the rain. His defence was that he was only doing that speed because it was raining and he didn't want to get too wet!

I hope his sentence is followed by a lifetime ban. Certainly don't want to "meet" him or his son hurtling through the air at that speed on a wet road.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7918736.stm

He was jailed for six months for taking his 14 year old son for a ride on the back of the bike at 122 mph. Not really very clever. His license was also suspended for 18 months.

Ahh that explains it.

Its one thing to risk your own life but another to do it with a pillion and a minor at that.

Ahh that explains it.

Its one thing to risk your own life but another to do it with a pillion and a minor at that.

No! Even without a pillion passenger, he was risking the lives of everyone else on that stretch of road. 122 mph in the pouring rain?!! I hope he would have received the same sentence if he had been on the bike alone.

Someone in our village was killed in his van on a corner on a 40mph road when a motorcylist misjudged the corner. The bike went head over heels after hitting a catseye and the rider went straight through the windscreen of the van travelling in the opposite direction. Effectively an 80mph impact (assuming the biker was keeping rigidly to the limit). Van driver killed outright, motorcyclist lived to do it all over again another day.

Risking his own life? The only time he would only be doing that would be on a disused airfiled or empty track.

He should have got a better lawyer.

Given the vast numbers of community orders and suspended sentence orders dished out to scum who have caused real misery, pain & suffering I find that really quite astonishing.

Now who was it that got half that sentence for texting whilst driving just before a fatal RTA?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5801891.ece

He should have got a better lawyer.

Given the vast numbers of community orders and suspended sentence orders dished out to scum who have caused real misery, pain & suffering I find that really quite astonishing.

Now who was it that got half that sentence for texting whilst driving just before a fatal RTA?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5801891.ece

I'm not defending his actions, but "Mr Justice Wilkie made it clear that the offence had no causal link with the fatal accident", as it was several minutes before the accident and on a different stretch of road.

The RTA was not connected to the texting, unlike http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7865114.stm

Last edited:
No! Even without a pillion passenger, he was risking the lives of everyone else on that stretch of road. 122 mph in the pouring rain?!! I hope he would have received the same sentence if he had been on the bike alone.

Someone in our village was killed in his van on a corner on a 40mph road when a motorcylist misjudged the corner. The bike went head over heels after hitting a catseye and the rider went straight through the windscreen of the van travelling in the opposite direction. Effectively an 80mph impact (assuming the biker was keeping rigidly to the limit). Van driver killed outright, motorcyclist lived to do it all over again another day.

Risking his own life? The only time he would only be doing that would be on a disused airfiled or empty track.

I think one enters into the 'what if's' territory here. Lets not forget PC 159 who was deemed to be perfectly safe at that speed.

I agree he was an idiot riding at that speed with a minor on the back but 122mph really isnt that fast on a modern sports bike. When I say isn't fast, what I mean is that in many situations it isnt automatically unsafe.

Its difficult to try and describe to someone thats not been on a machine like this but as a sort of seat of the pants guestimation, driving on a motorway in my W124 at 80mph has a similar level of control of my Busa at 130+..... I'm tempted to say higher still actually but thats not the point really.

Besides, I dont wish to detract from the fact that he did this with a child on board however as this is a whole different thing in my view.

Its difficult to try and describe to someone thats not been on a machine like this but as a sort of seat of the pants guestimation, driving on a motorway in my W124 at 80mph has a similar level of control of my Busa at 130+..... I'm tempted to say higher still actually but thats not the point really.

So a sudden severe gust of wind or an imperfection in the road, a bird, a sudden atmospheric phenomena will have you better prepared in a Hayabusa doing 130+ (which still has only two wheels) but not in a nearly two ton car. Come on...!

But if he had been on an autobahn in Germany in the derestricted section he would have been fine, or would he? Same weather conditions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3h-T3KQNxU

The irony that this is an advert for a newspaper is not lost on me, but...

A Court should see as much of the picture as possible, the media is under no such obligation (in fact when the truth is boring, missing a few facts can spuce-up the story a little..).

I found myself wondering why I am more disgusted by a biker who rides at 122mph with their son on the bike (in the rain, without...) than a biker who rode down the same road without their son on the back?
I guess it is just easier to identify who the innocent victim of his folley would be?

Same for a driver who is drunk. Why am I more sickened by the driver who drives after a few pints with their family in the car than the one who does it alone but risking other peoples families?

I guess it all acts as a reminder that we get to share the road with these numpties?

(If I were defending I would ask why it wasn't the driver of the 122mph Toyota Yaris in the dock... :rolleyes: )

speeding-biker.jpg

Just to provide some balance, the Dutch biker feeling a little less safe....

autovelox_in_scivolata.jpg

:rolleyes:

Did anybody see that Cops and Robbers Police Interceptors 999 program recently with a biker who had clonked a low flying pheasant with his head? He was riding at the legal limit and was lucky to keep his head, but it was in a right state! Hitting something at 122 does not bear thinking about. A friend of mine is a pro bike racer and refuses to ride on the road. 'Too dangerous' is his excuse. Gotta see his point really.

As spike has mentioned, 122mph on a modern sports bike is not that fast, BUT, that doesn't exscuse this biker or any other biker from putting other road users lives at risk aswell as his sons and his. Oh and getting caught doing this speed says it all :crazy:

(If I were defending I would ask why it wasn't the driver of the 122mph Toyota Yaris in the dock... :rolleyes: )

unless it was going backwards it would be hard to defend (the "-" to the right of the speed indicates the target vehicle is going away as against a "+" if it was coming towards as the Yaris is :D )

unless it was going backwards it would be hard to defend (the "-" to the right of the speed indicates the target vehicle is going away as against a "+" if it was coming towards as the Yaris is :D )

Obviously a young scrote thought he'd been caught in an ANPR trap and was reversing quickly to escape...

M'Lud..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom