Biker Pulls Wheely Overtaking Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Here is a still from the dashcam, says it all really.

Biker.jpg

... Oscliffer .

The speed limit is often vaporised within seconds of the power wheelie .

I used to be able to wheelie 100 m + but it was on a BMX and a Tuesday .

Okay the weather is getting better and the "biker boys" are coming out.

Personally, love it when motorcyclists "pop a wheelie". Looks even better when they are overtaking someone.

Tbf Pat it looks like you'd moved over for him, :)

The Road ahead is straight and clear he is still on the correct side of the white line, Yes he maybe showing off, or he maybe just under heavy acceleration, Looks fine tome but i wasn't there obviously. (i'm a ex biker) btw doh...

Not sure how id find another bike these days, what with the state of the roads, all the pot holes would worry me.

Being a biker also, I know how easy it can be to pop a wheel on acceleration if you have enough power.
... Sometimes just cresting a hill can produce a wee bit of air under the front wheel.
Here's one I made earlier - OK quite a bit earlier, 16 years ago over the Mountain at Caldwell on a Ducati TT2 600 race bike! ;)
IMG_31502045931111.jpeg

I wouldn't have bothered posting if it was just a pull due to the sudden horse power.

Chap disappeared into the distance weaving in and out of traffic and even weaving when no traffic.

It struck me as the week before when dropping one of the kids off I had 3 bikes riding like they were on a race track.

As has been said must be the weather. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wouldn't have bothered posting if it was just a pull due to the sudden horse power.

Chap disappeared into the distance weaving in and out of traffic and even weaving when no traffic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In that case he was a tw@t. Weaving in and out of traffic just gives us a bad name!! :(

Showing off, end of....no place on the road for it at all. It's been held to constitute an offence of dangerous driving, or at the very least not being in proper control of a motor vehicle (think no proper view of the road ahead, coupled with just the one brake being usable....). It's indulged in by the same sort of riders that you see weaving from side to side, at 30 mph....'to get some heat into the tyres'....look at me, look at me....:rolleyes:

Pete

Showing off, end of....no place on the road for it at all. It's been held to constitute an offence of dangerous driving, or at the very least not being in proper control of a motor vehicle (think no proper view of the road ahead, coupled with just the one brake being usable....). It's indulged in by the same sort of riders that you see weaving from side to side, at 30 mph....'to get some heat into the tyres'....look at me, look at me....:rolleyes:

Pete
I agree with all of the above. Even on the race we used to get warned not to 'show boat' I personally hated wheelying, even if it was only 6" it felt like 6' ;)

It's indulged in by the same sort of riders that you see weaving from side to side, at 30 mph....'to get some heat into the tyres'....look at me, look at me....:rolleyes:
Pete

This is mainly done because travelling in a straight line for ages ruins the curve on the tyres producing a flat spot in the middle. By weaving left and right you can maintain a better tyre shape, increase the number of miles you get out of said tyre which in turn must be better for the environment ;).

This is mainly done because travelling in a straight line for ages ruins the curve on the tyres producing a flat spot in the middle. By weaving left and right you can maintain a better tyre shape, increase the number of miles you get out of said tyre which in turn must be better for the environment ;).

Errr.....that's nonsense! :rolleyes: To maintain the tyre profile, logic dictates that you'd have to do just as many miles swerving around like an idiot as you do bolt upright. :eek:

Pete

Weaving when there is no traffic is a safety measure so that drivers ahead, or at junctions are made more aware of the bikes presence.

Weaving when there is no traffic is a safety measure so that drivers ahead, or at junctions are made more aware of the bikes presence.

That gave me a chuckle!

I always thought it might be to slosh the oil round the engine a bit more, to improve lubrication.

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom