Bikers are always right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...let's put it this way. You are a passenger on a 767 that ran into difficulties over the Atlantic.

The first pilot is a square-jawed 28 years old who flew Tornadoes over Syria and trained with the Red Arrows, and this is his first job since he left the RAF.

The Captain is a 60 years old BA veteran with grey hair, who used to fly the Concorde in its heyday and has 30,000 hours on the 767.

I'm sure that both pilots would acquit themselves well, and my ideal flight deck would have the first pilot in the left seat and the veteran in the right. Both will bring useful skills - the PH (Pilot Handling) will be well used to remaining cool under pressure and the veteran will be best placed to work the problem. But if it came to a choice, I'd remember Tenerife 1977 and avoid the senior pilot who may well be spending much of his time in training and admin.

TBH - despite the provisions of ETOPS - I'd rather be in an A380 (more engines)

An important takeaway point also is stereotypes...

The only important point of this thread is that you have unwittingly admitted behaviours which are just plain wrong. Assertions of superior driving skills reinforce the attitude problem. Having the thread digress into steretypes about pilot behaviour doesn't get away from these fundamentals.

*You* have some decisions to make. Carry on as you are or change and improve. Posting pages of stuff in the thread doesn't let you off the hook.

You don't need to prostate yourself and apologise - and trying to explain just evades the issue.

You just need to take a step back and think. Your choice.

We don't need to know what your choice is. And you don't need to explain yourself further

And the matter can rest unless you re-reraise it.

Reactions: 219
I'm sure that both pilots would acquit themselves well, and my ideal flight deck would have the first pilot in the left seat and the veteran in the right. Both will bring useful skills - the PH (Pilot Handling) will be well used to remaining cool under pressure and the veteran will be best placed to work the problem. But if it came to a choice, I'd remember Tenerife 1977 and avoid the senior pilot who may well be spending much of his time in training and admin.

TBH - despite the provisions of ETOPS - I'd rather be in an A380 (more engines)
Cant help thinking of the ( I think ) Air France flight from South America which fell out of the sky when the three pilots on the flight deck couldn't work out what was happening and had the aeroplane in a stall .

I have no problem with bikers - the majority are absolutely fine but, just like car users, you will always have one or two (on most journeys it seems now) who feel they have the right to drive/ride like a complete knob! Locally we have a particular problem with quad bikes, now they do drive my rage :mad: Won't be long before someone is seriously hurt.

I do get that bikers have the edge in terms of being able to make progress in traffic, np with that at all. However, I do have a problem with those that feel it's ok to be passing me in a 30 and when the traffic is moving along at a steady 30, weaving in and out :wallbash:

Only the other week I was doing 85 on the M4, traffic was reasonably heavy - just as well I saw the biker coming up on my n/s at a rate of knots, could have got very messy otherwise :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom