Bikers pub closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Bit bored yesterday so went for a blast up the A537 Cat&Fiddle road, famous with all the bikers and to my shock and horror it's closed:eek:
This was one pub I thought would never go, but like so meny good pubs they are all closing at an alarming rate :wallbash:

So I ended up going Darby Bridge and went for a bit of a trek

And what a veiw from the top, the small white dot off centre of picture is Jodrell Bank :thumb:

Rumour has it someone in the local council licencing committee had been watching "FROM DUSK TILL DAWN" ;)
[YOUTUBE HD]-bBay_1dKK8[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:
I was just talking to my wife about this place today! - We were driving from Stoke to Lyme Park and I was saying it would be nice to take that drive through the peaks in the CLK.

It was the roads around Congleton and Macclesfield that made me think about it.

Unbelievable
Went there for lunch when we stayed at Matlock year before last - one of the iconic pubs on an iconic route

More info
It was always mentioned on Sally Traffic's bulletins during the winter:( End of an era? or will it re-open?

Last edited:
Unbelievable
Went there for lunch when we stayed at Matlock year before last - one of the iconic pubs on an iconic route

More info
It was always mentioned on Sally Traffic's bulletins during the winter:( End of an era? or will it re-open?

I couldn't believe it to, was going have a shandy and ogle some nice bikes.
Gates pad locked and empty inside, it can't stay closed for long surly, I was only parked up 5mins and loads of bikers showed up looking really naffed off to put it mildly.
Would imagine it's dead in the winter months with it being so bleak.
I really hope it reopens and doesn't go the same way as so meny other great pubs have these days.

Bikers have a reputation of not spending money and scaring off customers who would buy food and drinks at venues. Maybe the case here or may not be..

I've never felt intimidated by bikers; bikies maybe. - My rule of thumb is if there are bikers about, there are some good driving roads.

Unfortunately it seems like quite a common problem with pubs like this.

Must agree with pobody I've always found bikers a great bunch of lads and lasses, used often come to this pubs have a look at the bikes and chat with the lads.
Another great bikers place is ponderosa cafe on the horseshoe pass and that's an amazing road to drive

Another great bikers place is ponderosa cafe on the horseshoe pass and that's an amazing road to drive
That's a cracking drive... as long as you're not stuck behind some slow-poke car driver.

Same goes for the A18 between Ramsey and Douglas. - Bikers not a problem... except when they think they're Guy Martin, but they're only doing ~50mph in the middle of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom