Bill Bailey. Comedian or not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rpp999

Car
C220 est amg 4matic. LR Discovery. BMW1200gs
Watched Bill Bailey last night on the BBC, never really watched him before. He’s performance with some of those weird and wonderful instruments was good but, didn’t think much of his comedic content. Don’t think I’ll go out of my way to watch him again. What say you.

I couldn’t disagree more:

He’s very funny indeed. This routine is one of his finest……

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To my mind he's more than just a comedian, because his shows are generally entertaining rather than being limited to pure comedy.

Watched Bill Bailey last night on the BBC, never really watched him before. He’s performance with some of those weird and wonderful instruments was good but, didn’t think much of his comedic content. Don’t think I’ll go out of my way to watch him again. What say you.

Everyone to their own.

I think there are smart comedians who sit off the mainstream and you either get them or you don't.

Emo Philips is an extreme example - in that I know people who just couldn't 'tune in' to his style and content - and others thought he was brilliant.

Bill Bailey is not so far off at the edge of the mainstream - but I think he suffers a bit of the same effect to some extent.

Everyone to their own.

I think there are smart comedians who sit off the mainstream and you either get them or you don't.

Emo Philips is an extreme example - in that I know people who just couldn't 'tune in' to his style and content - and others thought he was brilliant.

Bill Bailey is not so far off at the edge of the mainstream - but I think he suffers a bit of the same effect to some extent.
Eddie Izzard being another example.

I like pickles.

I see Bill Bailey as a multifaceted entertainer rather than just a comedian.

I really don’t get Eddy Izzard.
His shows from the 1990s were legendary and the stuff of legends.

Have recordings of them and still get played from time to time.

Since then, less so (though his marathon running was something else)

bill bailey is as said above an entertainer, not a comic.

Since then, less so (though his marathon running was something else)
He’s a phenomenal athlete. Didn’t he run a marathon a day for 26 days or something like that? I think he does his gigs in French as well.
Clever guy. Still don’t get him though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom