Bill Bailey. Comedian or not.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dave Allen was a comedian.

The current crop don't deserve to lick his boots.

\but then I'm old.
To a point I'd agree. But humour is so subjective.
What I find funny, others will hate, and vice versa.
There are genuinely funny people around, not necessarily comedians.

Watched Bill Bailey last night on the BBC, never really watched him before. He’s performance with some of those weird and wonderful instruments was good but, didn’t think much of his comedic content. Don’t think I’ll go out of my way to watch him again. What say you.

Unlike others I am with you on that one. I don't find him funny in the slightest :rolleyes:

My personal opinion is Bill Bailey, like Dylan Moran peaked 2 years after the last season of Black Books. They are still comedy gold, just not as funny - Objectively.

Personally, I can't be doing with that Lemon.

Reactions: JHS
I think Bill Bailey can best be described as a Jack of all trades but master of none, a run of the mill entertainer

Lenny Henry and Josh Widdiicome have never said a single funny thing in their career.

Lenny Henry and Josh Widdiicome have never said a single funny thing in their career.
In your opinion obviously 😊. LH must have been extremely fortunate and lucky to have had a career spanning 45+ years.

JW is fab, especially on The Last Leg.

As has been said, not everyone will find any one person funny. If you state your fav ever comedian someone will always say they are rubbish. 🤪

I was a big fan of Lenny Henry back in the day. It was just so different.

All he appears to have done recently is shout and do adverts for cheap motels.

He’s very funny indeed. This routine is one of his finest……

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Never watched him before. Watched that clip. Not my my sense of humour at all. Now I know I do not need to watch him ever again.

Thanks.
;):)

Favourites….

Tim Vine
Greg Davies
Count Arthur Strong (radio or live…not Tv series)
Harry Hill
Mickey Flanagan
Bill Bailey
Bob Mortimer
Paul Whitehouse

Least favourite……
Michael Macintyre
Eddie Izzard
Jo Brand

Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson and Rowan Atkinson. About as funny as it gets.

On the other side of the pond Eddie Murphy and Richard Prior stand up was something to behold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom