Billy Connolly: Portrait Of A Lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

BBC 1 right now. One in a million. Great to see him.

Not on for me here in Wales unfortunately. I'll look on the iplayer. He's a legend.

Not on here either, not on any channel ...

Not on here either, not on any channel ...

That's a shame, it was a really watchable prog. There's a lot of good stuff screened up here that our lords and masters deem unfit for general consumption. Parochial prats.

Get it on the iplayer if you can.

Here you go, Chaps: Billy Connolly Portrait of a Lifetime

Now, don't say I don't look after you.

Here's the iplayer link:

BBC One - Billy Connolly: Portrait of a Lifetime

p055b7cq.jpg

Great quote from Billy last in last nights programme:

"Do you know who I used to be?"

I had the fortune of seeing him perform on his last tour.

The guy is a legend. Clearly not in the physical health he once was but still razor sharp and hilariously cynical.

Met him at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh a while back, perfect gent. And what a presence he has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very funny and poignant man.

I liked his sketch about 'You eat brown bread, I eat white bread'..........

This is one of my favourites, we used to play it at shutdowns years ago but it seems it was in relation to the TLVF not the demands of a Construction Manager. Bless, a man of true vision and wisdom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is one of my favourites, we used to play it at shutdowns years ago but it seems it was in relation to the TLVF not the demands of a Construction Manager. Bless, a man of true vision and wisdom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
As a project Manager I also use the clip as an ice breaker at project kick off:)

I saw him live back in the 70's before I came to Scotland, my ribs hurt for 2 days after the show.

Anyone visiting Glasgow should seek out the painted artworks of Billy, they are magnificent and it makes for an easy and interesting walk around the city.

Nice! It is a universal language and situation is the shut.

We'd play the mission impossible theme song too, although that can be a bit soul destroying if played at the wrong time...best played after the fact.

Had the pleasure of working with him a good number of years ago (my pal provided the PA system for one of his live concerts and I gave him a hand). Lovely bloke, very professional, no airs & graces, a joy to work with.....and hilariously funny onstage. Long may he reign (from Florida) as the King of Scotland (in exile).

As a project Manager I also use the clip as an ice breaker at project kick off:)

I saw him live back in the 70's before I came to Scotland, my ribs hurt for 2 days after the show.

Anyone visiting Glasgow should seek out the painted artworks of Billy, they are magnificent and it makes for an easy and interesting walk around the city.
Billy C.JPG

Just one of the images!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom