Bilt Hamber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In my working and earning days I'd have agreed with you, but as a retired pensioner I had the time (and less money!) - first car I did was my 968 coupe and that took 2 weeks , doing roughly one panel per day in summer. Subsequently did the S203, 968 cab and S204, then called it quits and recently sold my DA and pads to another 968 owner, so the SLK will not get the same treatment. However, the SLK paintwork is excellent and blemish free - as it's Fire Opal Red I wonder if it had a respray, but have nothing in the SH to suggest that, and the original supplying main dealer did not reply to my email enquiry!
I'm retired. I don't mind "washing" the car. Not prepared to spend time "detailing" it. Better things (for me) to do with my time.

I'm retired. I don't mind "washing" the car. Not prepared to spend time "detailing" it. Better things (for me) to do with my time.
Looking at your profile pic Rory your car looks amazing and washing it is all it needs. I, like some have an emotional attachment to this car and want to keep it the best I can for sentimental reasons. That said I will probably only manage a slightly more advanced job than washing. Furloughed not retired but keeping busy

Looking at your profile pic Rory your car looks amazing and washing it is all it needs. I, like some have an emotional attachment to this car and want to keep it the best I can for sentimental reasons. That said I will probably only manage a slightly more advanced job than washing. Furloughed not retired but keeping busy
It's filthy at the moment- planning a wash on Friday when it is going to be nice and warm.

Lots of recommendations to use DI to dilute bilt hamber products. Amazon currently have carplan 2.5L for a quid, so I giving it a go. Thanks as always for the advice.

Lots of recommendations to use DI to dilute bilt hamber products. Amazon currently have carplan 2.5L for a quid, so I giving it a go. Thanks as always for the advice.
It's always important to dilute water based concentrations of product with DI water, many people don't bother but for instance if your diluting products for finishing or decontamination then tap water will have an adverse effect on the surfactant due to iron minerals, particularly so in wheel cleaner, fallout remover, water spot removal and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom