Bin lorry driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that comment, although an opinion, is really unnecessary and contributes absolutely nothing to the discussion in hand
In which case we are even.
Unfortunately the thread has turned from a discussion about the actions of the lorry driver to one about the OP's perception of self and others

Is this a contribution to the thread?

Crikey, there seems to have been a sense of humour failure around here today?

So much for chilling out on a Sunday afternoon. (I have to admit I'd rather be watching F1 than the fancy dress run around the City today...).

I don't think it is acceptable to drink a mug of tea and drive a truck at the same time.

:D

Crikey, there seems to have been a sense of humour failure around here today?

So much for chilling out on a Sunday afternoon. (I have to admit I'd rather be watching F1 than the fancy dress run around the City today...).

I don't think it is acceptable to drink a mug of tea and drive a truck at the same time.

:D
:dk:

How about Ribena (or any other carton drink) with the straw?

Anything that impairs your ability to react to whatever might happen in front of you has to be a mistake.

Personally, I see it as taking pride in my driving. If it has no impact on the standard of your ability behind the wheel, maybe the problem lies deeper than your choice of beverage.....

Would you feel in any way slighted if your partner slurped on a carton of Ribena whilst you tried to make love? Would you perhaps get the idea that they weren't really concentrating on the job in hand? :D:eek:

(Concentrate and hand. I'll set them up, you take it from there...)

How many on the Forum can say they never take eyes off the road, have a sip from a bottle / straw. Don't think I would take any action in this case unless the bin drivers driving was so bad unless someone had to take emergency avoidance to avoid a collision.

I once pushed in front of someone who was drinking coffee in a jam. (It was the only way to get in the correct lane for the motorway after joining at a junction very close by). Clearly the driver behind was a bit annoyed as I ended up wearing his coffee (my window was a little open unfortunately).

Live and let live I say.

"Would you feel in any way slighted if your partner slurped on a carton of Ribena whilst you tried to make love? Would you perhaps get the idea that they weren't really concentrating on the job in hand?"

I never think Krug diminishes the concentration

(Concentrate and hand. I'll set them up, you take it from there...)[/QUOTE]

Anything that impairs your ability to react to whatever might happen in front of you has to be a mistake.

Such as talking on one of those shoulder mounted walkie talkie clicky things whilest driving?

Such as talking on one of those shoulder mounted walkie talkie clicky things whilest driving?

Absolutely. Have you seen them doing that on those fly-on-the-wall documentaries?

Awful.

But not covered by mobile phone legislation. :mad:

I can only recall once actually doing it - when I saw a car full of youngsters driving over the Kingston Bridge with one hanging out of the passenger window with only his legs remaining inside the car - struck me as so dangerous that a serious incident was imminent .

You seem to have met me :p

M.

But not covered by mobile phone legislation. :mad:

I know PMR with push to talk is exempt , but does that also apply to the new Airwave sets which also function as mobile phones ?

Last edited:
Would you feel in any way slighted if your partner slurped on a carton of Ribena whilst you tried to make love? Would you perhaps get the idea that they weren't really concentrating on the job in hand? :D:eek:

can't say I'd notice :devil:

I know PMR with push to talk is exempt , but does that also apply to the new Airwave sets which also function as mobile phones ?

The exemptions are based on radio frequencies, so using a PTT GSM mobile is not exempt, but using a duplex Airwave or Tetra is...

In which case we are even.
Unfortunately the thread has turned from a discussion about the actions of the lorry driver to one about the OP's perception of self and others

I think your perception of my comments on self and others are slightly exaggerated, defensive and perhaps a little paranoid. I was honest about the situation, my own actions, the implications and the options we all have. Nobody makes us drive that way. Its our own choice and we only have ourselves to blame if we are guilty. I choose not to drive that way for a reason.

Another thread that has gotten out of hand.:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom