bing bong sound when switching off.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greenfrog

Car
e200 estate 1999
Hello everyone, Silly question but cant find an answer in the handbooks.

When I switch off and remove the key I get a BING,BONG,BING,BONG like sound. I have never bothered about it as I assumed it was just an overly stupid way to say that I can get out of the car now.

Last week a friend bought the same car as mine (eclass estate 1999 model), but his does not make any sound (mine is a petrol, his a diesel).

I am now wondering if the car is trying to tell me something. I.E doest it have a fault?

The owners manuals don't mention anything as far as I can see.

Is this sound normal?

Cheers

Are all the lights switched off before taking the key out?

Edit Moved because Bing Bong sounds electrical to me!

Probably a Sony headunit telling you to remove the fascia.

guydewdney said:
sony head units make more of a Bip Bop not Bing Bong ;)
Yeah I know, my old sony used to go bip-bop-bip-bop *pause* bip-bop-bip-bop *pause* bip-bop-bip-bop.

Something like that anyway :)

greenfrog said:
Hello everyone, Silly question but cant find an answer in the handbooks.

When I switch off and remove the key I get a BING,BONG,BING,BONG like sound. I have never bothered about it as I assumed it was just an overly stupid way to say that I can get out of the car now.

Last week a friend bought the same car as mine (eclass estate 1999 model), but his does not make any sound (mine is a petrol, his a diesel).

I am now wondering if the car is trying to tell me something. I.E doest it have a fault?

The owners manuals don't mention anything as far as I can see.

Is this sound normal?

Cheers

I seem to remember a similar thing on one of our old cars , never worked out what it was tho.

does it turn off almost as if its running out of power to keep going?

It's the computer bieng slow and thinking you still have your lights on, does this on auto settings in a few e-class.

Shude said:
Probably a Sony headunit telling you to remove the fascia.
My money is on the Sony hi-fi, both our cars do this.

bong

more like .....did dih did doh repeated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom