Bingo!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
You saw my depressing goodbye SLK thread from a few weeks ago?. Talk about ''from the jaws of defeat''. Please, dont groan, stick with me again!

Days after cancelling we get a letter from the Stan... Lif... endowment people saying Red Alert!!! - we get the hump - re-morgatge but with a repayment one - not much difference money wise - fall out with endowment people - sell endowment - seems like a lottery win!.

A few weeks ago I get promoted with a re-grade and with a salary increase and a new set of increments to look forward to each April. Nah, this is all too good to be true.

This week Mrs P gets her long awaited appointment for her back problem to be attended to. Becomes accepted at a pain control clinic. Confirmation that, subject to a final letter from our GP, she will get a pension because there is no way she will ever nurse again.

Now I know some of that is good news tinged with sadness because it means Mrs P will never be able to nurse again but this has cheered her up no end, therefore so have I. She is smiling again because at least we know financially and mentally we are going to back where we were twelve months ago but without the uncertainty.

I say ''What would you like now you can treat yourself'' and she says some nice new kitchen doors and drawer fronts, in beechwood. When I'd picked up my jaw from the floor I say ''you sure?, after all this?, thats all?''. Well, yes, was her reply. Show me a man who understands a wom.....

Mrs P says ''And you would like....?''.

Which, matees, brings me back to the begining as I replied ''You need to ask?''

My dream's on again :D

Dave.

All you need to do is choose the "colour".

:D :D and make sure it is a colour Dave, not that shiney, dull chrome stuff.

BTW pleased for you both.

brill news Dave and Chris - don't forget to invite me to the party :D :bannana:

Which model have you decided on dave?

gary

LOL.

Top Job!!!

Can Mrs P accept fake beechwood to allow you some extras? :) :)

MB Harrogate are trying to secure me a 280 (3.0 Ltr :confused: ) engine for September 1st but I've said the 200 will be enough for me if it involves a long wait, I am pushing 50 after all :rolleyes: . As I said to Pammy; who, in all fairness, is going to shed a tear if they have to ''accept'' a 200.

I like the Iridium. I was tempted by solid black. The Telure looks cool in an ''I want to be different'' but still safe sort of way. Its going to be black leather though if its one of the silvers, which It more than likely will be.

I'm going to re-cycle my rear wheels though and get another pair of 225/45 to go with the 245/40 that will be coming of my coupe. And a set of the proper heritage roadster blue and silver centres, you know, the ones with the laurel leaves.

We have a joiner coming next week so I will have to take him to one side for a chat about faux beechwood :D , nah, I cant do that, can I?. A dishwasher has now come into the equation as well, she's worth it though.

Dave.

Good on you Dave !!

Nice One !! :rock:

Iridium and Black leather, class act join the club.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom