Bio Diesel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
I got a leaflet to day offering bio diesel at 10p a ltr cheaper than super markets prices. I have a 2008 E class (211) 220 tdi, has anyone used bio with this engine ? if so any problems ?.
Leaflet tells me no need for mods just fill up and go, cleaner for the engine, may give better mpg.
The web site WWW.fuller-fuel.co.uk
If this is all true you could save 100s of pounds a year, they even say they will come and fill your car up for you at home.
mmm,not to sure what do you think....:confused:

Haha. Don't do it. I play around trying to make Bio Diesel run in the landrovers fine but I've seen them 200TDI's run on engine oil so not really saying much. It's a fine mix to make Bio Diesel you are much better off buying a set up and making your own. I have a deal with a local greggs and I get the doughnut fat :D Works out about 48p/ltr when finished. A bad mix can destroy seals injectors pumps. Or it can just be chip fat from the local takeaway.

good bio is fine - in fact many big businesses run it - McDonalds, eddie stobart etc. BUT - good is OK - ok is not iyswim - unless its perfect, it'll destroy your engine. Go and look at the process - if its looks professional, with meters, sensors etc everywhere then you have a decent chance.

Thanks for your input, Think ill stick with shell not worth the risk to save 10p a ltr

ask over at vegetable oil diesel - home forums

my advice - get a sample in a jar and do some tests (procedure available on the veg forums)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom