Bird Strike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

10EDD

Car
GL 350 & VW GTE
Fortunately I won't be landing in the Hudson river after this bird strike that's just frightened the c**p out of me at the office!! Looks like the suicide bird in question made a clean getaway to reap further terror in the neighbourhood!!
Ed

01072008208.jpg

My great uncle was a keen ornithologist and when they retired to a cottage in the country he had a conservatory built so he could sit and watch the birdies in comfort.

Somewhat ironically the result was utter carnage - they were getting at least one bird a day with a broken neck after flying into one or other of the windows! Eventually they had to put blinds up, which rather defeated the purpose of having it in the first place.

I've seen a similar picture before - I think the RSPCA in that case said it was a Tawny Owl.

That bird was pretty large given the size of the imprint!

Must have been a big thud.

Thought this was going to be a post on women going on strike...

I thought the c63 was attracting female attention ......................

We've had a couple of those, both on the kitchen window. Both were Wood Pigeons that survived, if a little dazed, the SWMBO & I were in the kitchen on each occasion, both truly WTF moments.

Did you know that pigeons are the only birds that can "swallow" whilst drinking, other birds sup some into their beaks, lift their necks & let the water flow down, whilst yer pigeon 'e can dip 'is beak in & gulp away to 'is hearts content. (best time to take a pot shot at the little blighter)

It does look a bit like what is on the bonnet of a Pontiac Transam (a la Bandit era).

We've had a couple of those, both on the kitchen window. Both were Wood Pigeons that survived, if a little dazed.

We had a young wood pigeon fly into our kitchen window the other week. Poor thing was concussed and just sat there on the patio. It might as well have had a Whiskas logo on it, so I put into in a well-padded box and left it overnight. Next morning it flew away no problem and I felt like a real hero.

Now if it had been a ratty town pigeon...

:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom