Bird Turd..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaldGuy, Sep 11, 2003.

1. BaldGuy

BaldGuy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Cayenne Turbo + 911 + GS430 Sport
    I've had a really ill bird or by the size of it an emu crap on my car and its kind of oxidized the paint, after lots of soapy water and then "T" Cut, its left a weird mark on the paintwork...

Any ideas on how to remove this?

2. clegsr

clegsr Active Member

Car:
    Later
    Birds - dont ya just hate em

Is it on the Bonnet?

I had a similar spot which I left for a week before washing off and I reckon the nuclear waste or whatever that the friggin bird had been eaiting has eaten in to the clear-coat and is now a permanent mark.

Much polishing means it is only visible if you look closely so I am living with it.

The solution is to invest in a pack of Turtle Wax Bug Wipes

which I keep in the boot and wipe of the poo double dam quick.

3. Ian B Walker

Ian B Walker MB Enthusiast

Car:
    300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
    And I live near Blackpool :( :( :( :(

Seagulls by the bucketload and always seem to pick red cars, anyone else noticed that?

4. Shude

Shude Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK55 AMG
    I had some on the bootlid of my previous car, and "MBenzNL" Steve removed it with some of the last drops from a bottle of amazing 3M stuff. He said they don't sell it any more, it's basically some kind of rubbing compound. I had tried all kinds of products but that stuff finally shifted it!

5. RichardM

RichardM MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 CLS350 CDI
  6. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Active Member

Not sure if I have the right settings but that didn't play too well.

Another link to the same thing is this:
    www.movies.flabber.nl/Ford.Ka/

It's a good trick but it really upset my 8 year old daughter. I'm now a horrible dad. Even more so because I told her she couldn't eat ANYTHING in my new E Class when it arrives next year...

7. RichardM

RichardM MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 CLS350 CDI
    I think it works better if you right click the original link and select Save-As, then once its saved select Open.

8. sym

sym MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Sport
    Excellent ! Damn birds ! I can't even park in my own drive safely, as the TV aerial extends over the side of the house, and the birds love to land on it and use it as toilet facilities . . ugh !!

Time to get a ladder and remove it, I think . . got cable anyway - only have the aerial for teletext purposes ! :rolleyes:

9. Bear

Bear Active Member

Car:
    W123 300D G460 280 GE G460 300 GDT
    Better idea Sym leave it up there and wire the aerial into the mains with an isolator switch,when the birds land on it it's retribution time:devil:

10. Steve_Perry

Steve_Perry MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS350CDI Grand Edition
    Heh, good idea, the trouble is the birdies need to create a route to earth if they are to be frazzled. Ever see birds sitting on overhead power cables and wonder why they don't get toasted yet if little Johnnie flew his kite into the same cables he'd wind up as burnt offerings? Earthing :)

Back on topic:

I'm afraid we can't be with our cars 24/7 but I find that time is of the essence. The sooner it's cleared off the less the chance of permanent damage. D@mn tree hugging environmentalists forcing car manufacturers to use water based paints :p **tongue firmly in cheek**

When it comes to bird $hite on car exteriors I'm always reminded of the scene in Alien where they try to cut the alien off the hapless victim's face... the blood squirts out and promptly dissolves its way through 5 decks. :rolleyes: Heh same deal.

**EDIT** P.S. Great vid Rich :devil:
    S.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  11. Simon

Simon MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C180 Proper gearbox
    Er, I wasn’t going to mention this, but I tried frying an egg on my boot lid in the summer. It didn’t work and buggered my paint up. I've realised birds can be a problem even in egg form, but I think the real problem here was me:crazy:

Stop laughing, and I don't want to hear any more about it. OK.

I have successfully electrocuted a rat that took a liking to the bird’s peanut cage (240V):devil:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
Tags: