Birds nest help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greggster

Car
CLK W209 500 Elegance
I have had birds nesting in my eaves for a few years now, wanted to repair the hole in the fascia to stop it but not known what is the right thing to do (in terms of the birds welfare...to a point).

I need to tackle it soon as they are now making a right mess - loads of poop on the wall and side alley underneath where they are.

Anyone know what time of year is best to block the hole off without trapping the birds in there? (Eaves not linked to loft).

Thanks!

I'm just a bloke on t'internet, but prob more info required - what birds are they? It's illegal to disturb a nest whist in use by any wild bird, except certain species (incl. magpies, wood pigeons, IIRC) that have been classified as pests.

I think you are probably OK to block up/remove the nest debris over the autumn/winter - once any fledglings have flown or migratory birds have left.

Wrong time of year, once the youngsters have flown the coup i think you can remove the nests and block any access.

Count yourself lucky you do not have bats roosting in your loft.:wallbash:

thank you all, they are starlings, i'll leave to winter and have a look at that RSPB link, cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom