Birmingham Council Tax Computer System - The Pinnacle of IT Efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
has just sent me a council tax rebate of £10.78 - with no supporting paperwork, just a cheque.

When I queried it they told me it was for a period in July 2006 :crazy:.

Confidence in local government restored :rolleyes:.

I'm guessing the tag writer hasn't been to Birmingham lately :D.

Tag boy.

Surely you mean "yow am a kooont - there's simply no excuse for badly punctuated anonymous insults, even from simpletons :rolleyes:.

Tag boy.

Surely you mean "yow am a kooont - there's simply no excuse for badly punctuated anonymous insults, even from simpletons :rolleyes:.

Speaking of poor punctuation, it's customary to close quotation marks at some point after having opened them... ;)

Speaking of poor punctuation, it's customary to close quotation marks at some point after having opened them...

That reminds me of the joke about the pup quiz compare asking what the band Take That's first album was.

Four words, the first two being "Take That"...

Jimmy sitting in the corner shouts out... "Ya Kooont"...

Last edited:
Wot a fick Brummie I are........

Funny thing is - the tag has been altered but still wrong - ho hum......

I think you will find the reason why the government IT projects are such huge sucesses is because they follow ITIL.

[cough]

Tut, tut, Dieselman!

Yippee! Another 'spelling and punctuation' thread. :p

You should read the one I started on MBOF a while ago - what a riot that turned into.

Call them back and tell them you were expecting much more and see what they say.

My father, who is a Business Rates surveyor, recently secured the removal of a number of Council Tax assessments back to 1993. Quite a big savings for his client, but you would not believe the obstacles put in place by the Local Authority to avoid refunding a business which should never have been paying it in the first place.

When I first met other half she was a single mum and worked part time, with the dreaded Housing Benefit helping out.

She would receive letters on an almost weekly basis explaining that her entitlement to HB had been recalculated, followed shortly afterwards that her Council Tax Benefit had also been recalculated. Absolutely chaotic system.

I'd put it to one side for when the tax man cometh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom