Bisley, Surrey, 14 October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Just to bump this into the minds of those with some interest:

The Sept. open day was cancelled due to flooding at Bisley but is now rescheduled for Saturday 14 October.

Great advantage is that there are lots of other things to do when the conversation on the merits or otherwise of Silv... Shiney Grey paint palls. i.e:

*Air Rifle
*Gallery Rifle
*Shotgun
*Target Rifle
*Practical Rifle
*Precision Snap Shooting
*Sporting Rifle
*Match Rifle and F Class Rifle at 1000 yards
*Black powder Pistols and Shotguns
*Historical Firearms (that's me)
*Archery

There is a pre-registration system available on the National Shooting Centre and NRA websites and in person at the NRA Bisley Offices.

http://www.nsc-bisley.co.uk/common/asp/openday/openregister.asp

Spaces are limited and to avoid some waiting time do that now.

A further Registration form needs to be filled in on arrival. A form of identification (eg credit card, driving licence etc) is required and at that point and you buy vouchers to be redeemed at the events of your choice. Trick is to turn up early.

If it rains all is not lost unless gets to flooding! The NSC clay complex has under cover firing points and all the Gallery ranges are enclosed. The Century & Stickledown ranges are open air but the 300m firing points are under cover.

Some other firing points will have various forms of tented protection but otherwise you can get a bit wet. But we sneer at such trifles

Only need to Register if you want to shoot otherwise non shooters wander about. There are a load of stalls selling all manner of stuff so on that level it is a country fair with the sound effects of a modest war in the background, especially when somebody gets bored and lets off a blank charge from the cannon.

After Registration get a wrist band which identifies you as being permitted access to the firing points, which is very strictly controlled. Once you are allowed onto the firing point supervised 1:1 for everything the whole time (by people like me).

I shall be busy with range duties most of the day but if interested add your name in the traditional manner or PM & I shall arrange a suitable meeting point.

Info, see 14 October

http://www.nsc-bisley.co.uk/common/asp/calendar/events.asp?site=NSC

http://www.nsc-bisley.co.uk/common/asp/general/location.asp?site=NSC

Click through maps to zoom

I haven't heard anything after pre-registering - just turn up and confirm credit card details?

You should have seen a screen offering payment facilty & registration for others in your party. If you saw "cannot display page" or similar you are not Registered.

To get that have to have cookies for nra.org.uk and nsc-bisley.co.uk enabled, not blocked these in your firewall either nor have popups disabled. Failure rate is therefore rather high!

Print out the Registration/Confirmation of payment screen and hang on to it!

I can't remember to be honest - I did it ages ago. Is there no way of checking online? Three people I know have done it yet not received email confirmation - are the cards debited there and then or just used for reference? Could check statements for proof.

What a great day! Have just got back and am knackered - was there at 8.30 and despite the little big of rain and fog early on the weather was fine. Just a shame the 1000yrd range was closed for most of the morning.

Had some great fun with different disciplines and am joining my local club now. What range were you on Satch?

Whilst the fog kept the ranges closed helping out the Muzzle loaders because of the huge queues. Talk about the fog of war!

When things opened up again on Century with Lee Enfield Rifle Association firing points. Good day but very tiring

I shot a 1943 russian sniper rifle with 3x scope on your range then - 7.62mm 91/30 PU?

The 300m electronic targets were one of my favourite.

stats007 said:
I shot a 1943 russian sniper rifle with 3x scope on your range then - 7.62mm 91/30 PU?

The 300m electronic targets were one of my favourite.

Glad you enjoyed it.

That was Mosin Nagant Model 1891/30 PU in 7.62 x 54mm, a very fine rifle indeed. They shoot really well, Sadly did not have many scoped rifles this time around , no Lee Enfield no 4T's or varients which was a pity.

This is my son hammering them into the bull with said rifle yesterday!

Last edited:
I got 21/25 with that one - an inch from 24/25 which wasn't bad for a first go for grouping. The offset reticule was a bit odd. I'd like to get into 300m practical or 1000yrd F class but can't see it happening.

Bisley is too close to ATR Pirbright for my liking, I'm getting flashbacks just thinking about it! :eek: :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom