Bit of DIY today. !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc220cls

SUPPORTER
Car
220 CLS Shooting Brake & 350 SL
I’ve always been a bit of a DIY er so today I decided to put up a couple of shelf brackets in the garage.
I struggled a bit getting them level maybe it was the heat or that nice Scottish Malt but somehow they don’t look quite right.

Attachments

• B2FD5C8C-0577-4116-A76C-51B21E7BB719.jpeg
    B2FD5C8C-0577-4116-A76C-51B21E7BB719.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
At least they’re symmetrical, and if it’s like my garage, they’ll soon be hidden by the amount of stuff that adorns the walls.

They only need a small modification,get some stilsons and twist the the tops of the two brackets until they are level, :cool:,after that put your tools down and carry on with the whiskey.

Found something that fits perfectly.

I had purchased a spare wheel for the SL which will also fit the CLS in an emergency like recently when I had a puncture.
Rather than destroy the tyre running its flat, I fitted one from the SL to drive the 8 miles to the tyre company. In the end I had to fit two new rear tyres as the one punctured was damaged on the inner wall which is annoying as the tyres were only half worn. I have kept the good tyre as a spare just in case the same happens again.
The SL does have a spare but it’s the collapsible type and I would never use it.0F7A642C-3A91-41A4-884E-A96619D8863E.jpeg

Forgot to add the wheel was powder coated and fitted with a new Continental Conti Sport to match up with the SL tyres.

lightweight wheel or really strong brackets ?

The wheel weighs a “ton” or so it seems at that height but it gets it up off the floor and hopefully will remain there for some time.
Brackets are pretty strong but there fitted into the wall with 6 x 50mm screws into similar rawlplugs.
Screws were very tight to get fully in, plus the wheel rests against the wall butt and the garage door runner prevents it from toppling over. I might get one of those covers you see on the back of 4x 4’s if I can get a Merc one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom