bizarre key fob problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moreyd1

Car
c180
Good Morning all
Well this is weird, both key fobs on my w203 don't want to work in the mornings, it can take anything up to 10 mins to get into my car. But during the day it works perfectly ? Have changed the batteries in both fobs so its not that. Car starts and runs just fine its just getting into the car that's the problem. Sometimes the door will open and put the key in the ignition and it wont turn. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. Many thanks

dave

Perhaps it's the cosmos telling you it's too early and to go back to bed?! :D

It can be actuall receiver unit faul which is locatet in the car. By unknown reason it receiving signal from you key fob only from certain angles. Let's say you staying next to the drivers door and trying to unlock the car - it wont respond. After you changing angle it catch the signal from key and it unlocks the car. Have you tried to walk around the car in the mornings and press the unlock button? Maybe during the day you approaching car from other side and from that side receiver catches the signal. It`s just my thoughts but it's worth to consider. Obvious problem is that you have problem with actuall receiver in the car I don't think so that both key`s fail in one go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom