Bizzare brakes moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Just driving back from Tescos and the car went over a serious pothole, unfortunately I couldn't drive around it as there was on coming traffic.

After the pothole the BAS/ASR light illuminates, followed approx 2 seconds later by all the lights that relate to brakes, ie. ABS, low wear indicator & hand-brake. The dash lit up like a Christmas tree, well 4x lights but you get the idea. :rolleyes:

I gingerly dabbed the brakes and they were working perfectly, plenty of braking force. I drove for another 1 mile or so and then when sat at some red lights I switched off for 30 secs and back on again. On switch on the car returned to normal - all the lights that were on remained off.

Weird, I can only assume the pot hole seriously rattled a sensor somewhere as well as me teeth. :mad: I've had the odd rare moment with the BAS/ASR light on it's own but I put that down to the old brake light switch issue that is common to all W202's.

S.

Very weird Steve?:eek:

I agree sounds like a sensor problem, try checking the connections around the wheels for looseness etc.

Steve_Perry said:
Just driving back from Tescos and the car went over a serious pothole, unfortunately I couldn't drive around it as there was on coming traffic.

After the pothole the BAS/ASR light illuminates, followed approx 2 seconds later by all the lights that relate to brakes, ie. ABS, low wear indicator & hand-brake. The dash lit up like a Christmas tree, well 4x lights but you get the idea. :rolleyes:

I gingerly dabbed the brakes and they were working perfectly, plenty of braking force. I drove for another 1 mile or so and then when sat at some red lights I switched off for 30 secs and back on again. On switch on the car returned to normal - all the lights that were on remained off.

Weird, I can only assume the pot hole seriously rattled a sensor somewhere as well as me teeth. :mad: I've had the odd rare moment with the BAS/ASR light on it's own but I put that down to the old brake light switch issue that is common to all W202's.

S.

I went over a major pot hole in my A160 back in the day and it did a similar thing. Don't remember there being any ill effects afterwards.

fuzzer said:
I went over a major pot hole in my A160 back in the day and it did a similar thing. Don't remember there being any ill effects afterwards.
Indeed, I had the car out today and nothing untoward on the dash. Everything back to normal :D whatever 'normal' is. :p

S.

Strange!!!!!

I would get it checked out, and if there is any damage claim against the local authority. I know they are making these claims harder, but if you can document and prove it, it has to worth a go, if only as a matter of principal.

Bloody lucky the 'Airbags' didn't go off!!!

Has been known apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom