Black 2 slat grille fitted to W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andopose

Car
C class 220 cdi Sport plus
Hi All,
I thought you might like to see my replacement grille. I always thought the standard silver one did not suit the White Car with mainly black or chrome. I picked this one up from ebay and took it apart then had the slatted part sprayed gloss black. I think it looks far better...........

It's a W204 sport plus btw.

What do you think ?

Attachments

• DSCN9203.jpg
    DSCN9203.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN9202.jpg
    DSCN9202.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 165
I like that a lot, looks much better than normal one. How was the fitting? Is it as secure as standard?

The grille was from coupe, fitting was easy but I was unable to use the centre tee piece (you cant see this). It really doesn't need it but I will see if I can get one from merc. Its slightly slimmer where it clips to the grille.

Looks very good and a good alternative to the one-slat AMG grille, which isn't really a good fit on a non AMG-car anyway.

Looks fantastic:thumb: is your W204 a coupe or saloon?

Saloon. The coupe grille will fit although without tee bracket. It is rock steady without it. But i will see if i can get one and if so i will post here.

I like it. I'm tempted to do the same. Or just get the grey slats on mine painted black.

I do agree that you could paint the grey slatted part black. Its fairly easy to dismantle, take care and do it in the warm. The only drawback is that you have to either paint it yourself (cans ?) or wait for bodyshop to do it.
Good luck either way.

I've just purchased a grille from eBay C63 style for my 2011 C350, came with a full fitting kit including the T piece . I am pleased with it , it's better quality than I thought it would be , also purchased a boot spoiler from a C63 that was being broken , just makes the car more personal and different to most .

I've just purchased a grille from eBay C63 style for my 2011 C350, came with a full fitting kit including the T piece . I am pleased with it , it's better quality than I thought it would be , also purchased a boot spoiler from a C63 that was being broken , just makes the car more personal and different to most .

Do you have any pics of your grill?

Not at the moment but here's the eBay item number of the one I bought and they've just dropped the price by the look of it I paid £135 ! 151057697167 .:wallbash:

Got correct Tee Piece for Two slat from MB.

Code P MA204 885 11 36 Support F68B03

Cost £8.05 plus vat

Well done redrhino, you have managed to randomly type a new word, I look forward to your first sentence.:doh:

It's no more tedious than reading your rants about his posts

Last edited:
image-2230871949.jpg

What do U think guys? To go on my w212 59 plate sport saloon..

kam09 said:
What do U think guys? To go on my w212 59 plate sport saloon..
Haven't purchased it yet but would like your opinions.. Cheers

I think it will freshen up the front with a bonnet star deletion and the small badge replacement.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom