Black 560 SEL: 200K miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KSD

Car
w123
http://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=5767

tn_july_2015_sale_244.jpg

tn_july_2015_sale_264.jpg

200k miles, red velour interior. One handsome automobile and the spec of choice for Count Dracula with that colour combo. A fitting tribute purchase for the late Christopher Lee, I think.

The ad says "no reserve" but you'll be seeing the reserve tank light on a regular basis, I wager.

Description now up, highlights include:

"This 1990 model was first registered to an Arab Sheik who had specified plush velour upholstery rather than the usual calf-skin on religious grounds."

I thought the haram/animal business was in reference to eating, not sitting!

"He had also paid for front and rear Motorola phones (now converted for a modern SIM card), an option that automatically deleted the obligatory champagne cooler that was normally located in the rear armrest."

Total cobblers. When was a fridge standard spec?

I'm currently working in Qatar, a very strict country when it comes to religion. Almost every luxury car here has a full leather interior. Even my humble VW Jetta has a leather interior! The description for that 560 is pure nonsense. They're just trying too hard because of the high mileage. After 200k miles that car , like any other high miler, will need a lot of TLC and cash thrown at it.

Why would the fact it's covered less than 2000 miles per year automatically mean it will need lots of tlç?

I prefer a fabric interior, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and if my memory serves me right, old "proper" Mercedes were leather in the front and velour in the back for the owners.

Most post war Mercedes were a complete mixture.

However in certain parts of Germany, they all sat on leather anyway...

I prefer a fabric interior, cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and if my memory serves me right, old "proper" Mercedes were leather in the front and velour in the back for the owners.

Thought I was the only one left who prefers cloth. ....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MBClub UK

Another greedy trader looking to rip someone off.

Same people are asking £1k for a ropey and low spec 320CE that looks like it's just been pulled out of a hedge. Couldn't even be bothered to clean it.

Scanning the classic car ads as I do almost daily, the amount of utter ****e that the dumb and greedy are trying to sell is astonishing. As is their persistence - they just keep on advertising it time and time again.

Great for a mafia - perfect colour on the outside and given what must get spilled in their cars - you'd never know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom