Black caps on silver wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jr2007

Car
CL500 C216
Has anyone played around with different colour centre caps? I've been looking at replacing mine but thought it might be an opportunity to change the colour to something different.

I was thinking of getting the black star caps to put on my 20" AMG III wheels to complement the black bodywork.

I got the Edition1 center caps, they do them in red, black and silver. About 50 quid on Fleabay :thumb:
I got the red ones

Ooooo they do look really nice! I might order a few different ones from Fleabay and see how they turn out :D

I have some carbon effect ones I got from eBay about two years ago. They look smart and have stood up well to the winter assaults.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20161004_182845.jpg
    ForumRunner_20161004_182845.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 49
I have black caps on my diamond cut alloys, which are sprayed black on the inside

Black caps were £7 delivered from Ali Express, original size and equipment look

Sounds like we have similar cars in similar colours OP.

I was thinking about black but £83 seems a bit steep for a set of 4. Saying that, black caps on a black car looks better than I thought it would (mine is Obsidian).

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2363056-post13.html

I have the old "1926" style blue ones on mine but it looks like they've met an angle grinder.

Sounds like we have similar cars in similar colours OP.

I was thinking about black but £83 seems a bit steep for a set of 4. Saying that, black caps on a black car looks better than I thought it would (mine is Obsidian).

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/2363056-post13.html

I have the old "1926" style blue ones on mine but it looks like they've met an angle grinder.

I think black caps work well on brilliant silver and diamond cut wheels. Anything darker they just don't seem to work.

Thank you all, black on the silver wheels look really good!

I thought £83 for genuine caps was way too much too, I picked up some black ones for £7.50 on ebay and I'm thinking of trying some other colours for giggles.

Thank you all, black on the silver wheels look really good!

I thought £83 for genuine caps was way too much too, I picked up some black ones for £7.50 on ebay and I'm thinking of trying some other colours for giggles.

At that price you can afford to replace on a yearly basis.

I think black caps work well on brilliant silver and diamond cut wheels. Anything darker they just don't seem to work.

I haven't got a clue what mine are actually. How do you tell?

They are 20" geniune AMG wheels btw.

On the caps - did you guys just pick any of the ones off eBay or just took a punt?

I think for that sort of money, I'd have a gamble...

I haven't got a clue what mine are actually. How do you tell?

They are 20" geniune AMG wheels btw.

On the caps - did you guys just pick any of the ones off eBay or just took a punt?

I think for that sort of money, I'd have a gamble...

201676236423 item number, just got myself another set.

JohnEBoy said:
I haven't got a clue what mine are actually. How do you tell? They are 20" geniune AMG wheels btw. On the caps - did you guys just pick any of the ones off eBay or just took a punt? I think for that sort of money, I'd have a gamble...
I took a punt with a well rated seller, for under a tenner you can't complain too much. I'll find the link and post it here.

Here we go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201652369980

Has anyone played around with different colour centre caps? I've been looking at replacing mine but thought it might be an opportunity to change the colour to something different.

I was thinking of getting the black star caps to put on my 20" AMG III wheels to complement the black bodywork.

I did the same, i think the black wheel caps look good on silver wheel.

Certainly black with black looks good in MrHanky's picture.

I wasn't convinced before I saw that.

I've gone for a set of those already jr2007 as they were the only ones at that price.

I'm expecting mine on Friday so I'll try and get some pics up of the caps themselves and then fitted to the wheels.

I think they are all 75mm on all wheels but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom