Black CL63 AMG Detailed, Sex on wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knightrider69

Car
Mercedes 63 AMG
Hey guys I detailed my 2007 CL63 in the summer, did it myself at home in one day (midday start to 8.30pm) as I was working on my drive way so it was pretty full on. The procedure i followed was:

1. Washed car and wheels with fairy liquid to clean all waxes etc off
2. G3 clay mitt with car shampoo
3. Correction polish using Meguires ultimate compound on a orange cutting pad (kingbarney Dual Action Polisher)
4. Finishing polish using Meguires ultimate polish on white soft sponge pad
5. Collinate 476 Hand wax with yellow applicator pad then buff off with microfibre
6. Tyres finished with Meguires endurance tyre gel

Have to admit the CL63 is a sexy beast when cleaned but the next morning it has a sheet of pollen dust on it, still I hope you enjoy the pics I got just after I finished it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on my work thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    824.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 108
It looks stunning mate :thumb:

It's always the problem with black it looks great for two hours then you want to wash it again. The good news is that to everyone else that doesn't put any effort into cleaning their car it still looks clean lol.

Looks amazing!! The hard work paid off. I always have to think twice before i start washing the car, because like yourself i always want to do a proper job. Admittedly i'm not claying it etc every time, but a wash,dry,detail takes a minimum 4 hours! or maybe i'm just to ocd about it! I also have a black car so i feel your pain about waking up the next day and seeing the minor discrepancies between when you washed it and went to bed and then waking up and looking at it the next day, still the pre shots look really good and the car is one i wish i had!

It’s looks amazing!

When can you do mine???! ;)

Stunning! Love the side on sunset picture.

Can we start a support group for those of us with black cars who slave for hours and hours only to enjoy the results for ten minutes before the dust/pollen ruin it. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks Great,good lob. I'm lazy, Ed of Divine Detail did my CL when i first bought it in October 2016 and it still looks great. He finished it off with a Ceramic coating which has lasted :) He had the car for three days :D

Last edited:
Looks Great,good lob. I'm lazy, Ed of Divine Detail did my CL when i first bought it in October 2016 and it still looks great. He finished it off with a Ceramic coating which has lasted :) He had the car for three days :D

To be fair Peter you have done more than your fair share of detailing cars over the years - ten years ago your C43 was always amongst the very best presented cars at any of the GTGs :cool:

it is simply stunning ! very inspiring . I'm going to have a go at detailing mine again . it's been a couple of weeks since it last got some tlc

that reminds me , I need a clay bar...

Looks amazing!! The hard work paid off. I always have to think twice before i start washing the car, because like yourself i always want to do a proper job. Admittedly i'm not claying it etc every time, but a wash,dry,detail takes a minimum 4 hours! or maybe i'm just to ocd about it! I also have a black car so i feel your pain about waking up the next day and seeing the minor discrepancies between when you washed it and went to bed and then waking up and looking at it the next day, still the pre shots look really good and the car is one i wish i had!
That’s why I found someone to do a regular maintainenace wash on our cars. I’m too lazy to be OCD but if I’m going to wash a car instead of doing something more valuable with my time, then I’ll make sure I do it right, and that simply took me too long. If I’m honest I would do an ever better job,but by the time I had messed about, done it, packed away and had a shower then it’s the best part of the day gone - they do it in two hours.

To be fair Peter you have done more than your fair share of detailing cars over the years - ten years ago your C43 was always amongst the very best presented cars at any of the GTGs :cool:

Thanks Will. Yes i have put my time in with the C43 and the CL55 :) I do wash the 63 though :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom