Black Friday deal, today only.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
Just been looking at getting new tyres on the SL, ordered two 285x30x19 goodyear eagle 5's and two 255x35x19 esgles for the front, total cost of £549 fitted at home, a saving of £121! All from Kwikfit.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t let Kwik-fit anywhere near my alloys :D

Good price though 👍

Just priced 4 Crossclimates at Blackcircles......£70 cheaper than Kwikfit even with Kwikfit’s BF deal, by the time you add on balancing/disposal/ etc.

Just priced 4 Crossclimates at Blackcircles......£70 cheaper than Kwikfit even with Kwikfit’s BF deal, by the time you add on balancing/disposal/ etc.
Interesting, just checked black circles for my tyres as Adobe and price fitted is £660, so I'm making a considerable saving.

Wouldn’t let Kwik-fit anywhere near my alloys :D

Good price though 👍
They are fitting them on my drive so I'll hopefully be able to keep a eye on them, but to be fair they're only the standard alloys so I'm not so precious about them.

I
They are fitting them on my drive so I'll hopefully be able to keep a eye on them, but to be fair they're only the standard alloys so I'm not so precious about them.
Id be more concerned with them being knocked off for the tyres, what's the address ?

Their mobile service fitted new tyres on my caravan last year, and I was very impressed - good price and great service, but the fitter alluded to the fact that at peak periods (ie evenings) they don't turn up to more than half of their appointments, as there was not a limit on how many people could book an evening slot.

Hi ToeKnee, check the date codes of the tyres before they fit them as they are not a common size.
Also make sure he puts the dots in the right place on the rim, this reduces the amount of lead required to balance the tyres (which may mean the weights are more hidden behind spokes

kc

Interesting, just checked black circles for my tyres as Adobe and price fitted is £660, so I'm making a considerable saving.
I suppose any savings could differ dependant on size/make etc....Blackcircles may have ended up being more expensive if I’d chosen a different brand/ size.

I suppose any savings could differ dependant on size/make etc....Blackcircles may have ended up being more expensive if I’d chosen a different brand/ size.
3 hours later . Its landed.

Hi ToeKnee, check the date codes of the tyres before they fit them as they are not a common size.
Also make sure he puts the dots in the right place on the rim, this reduces the amount of lead required to balance the tyres (which may mean the weights are more hidden behind spokes

kc

what dots and where on the rim?

The yellow dot indicates the lightest part of the tyre sidewall. On a wheel or rim, the heaviest part is generally the valve stem. During fitting the yellow dot is aligned with the valve stem of the wheel. ... Fewer weights and a more balanced wheel mean a quieter, more comfortable ride and a longer-lasting tyre

The yellow dot indicates the lightest part of the tyre sidewall. On a wheel or rim, the heaviest part is generally the valve stem. During fitting the yellow dot is aligned with the valve stem of the wheel. ... Fewer weights and a more balanced wheel mean a quieter, more comfortable ride and a longer-lasting tyre

What he said!
the dots may also be red
there are plenty of youtube videos explaining this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

kc

It is not dangerous to fit the tyres without aligning the dots, but the tyre fitter may use more weights to balance the tyres than necessary which then may or may not be more noticeable on the wheel

hope this helps
kc

Tyre prices vary wildly according to supply and demand and it just depends on which supplier has the right tyres for you at any one time.
Last month I bought a new set of Michelins for Vera the Land Rover from Camskill. At just over £100 each for 235/85/16 (that really is the profile!) they undercut almost all the 'happy shopper' tyres available, when normally Michelins are at the very top of the price charts.
Last week some Goodyear Assy 3 SCT tyres with acoustic foam band came up for the Audi A8 at £140 came on special from one of the Delti outlets (wheels24.co.uk) which saved me £240 over normal prices. They are on the way to me now.
If you are in the lucky position of being able to plan your tyre buying instead of it being a distress purchase, then there are bargains to be had.

Tyre prices vary wildly according to supply and demand and it just depends on which supplier has the right tyres for you at any one time.
Last month I bought a new set of Michelins for Vera the Land Rover from Camskill. At just over £100 each for 235/85/16 (that really is the profile!) they undercut almost all the 'happy shopper' tyres available, when normally Michelins are at the very top of the price charts.
Last week some Goodyear Assy 3 SCT tyres with acoustic foam band came up for the Audi A8 at £140 came on special from one of the Delti outlets (wheels24.co.uk) which saved me £240 over normal prices. They are on the way to me now.
If you are in the lucky position of being able to plan your tyre buying instead of it being a distress purchase, then there are bargains to be had.

How do you keep on top of the monitoring, however?

I have asked this of another resourceful user on the other MB forum and the answer was that he programs bots to scour the internet!

For me Black Friday deals get more pathetic year by year. I look at power/cordless tools all year round and subscribe to over a dozen suppliers.
As an example I’ve had my eye on a pack of 5 makita 18v 6ah batteries on a particular site for a good few months. Price of £335inc vat has remained fairly consistent all year.

Yesterday I received an email of Black Friday deals from the same company. Top of the list was the 5 makita batteries. £355inc vat.

I’ve spotted Similar on many other items.

I’m not saying that there’s not bargains to be had but for me BF deals are a load of BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom