Black Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nrg220

Car
C220CDI Elegance
Whilst Black looks great its true to say its a bind to keep it looking great. For the first time I clayed the car and what a difference, I then applied a good quality wax polish but now I just keep it up mostly with one of those proprierty all surface cleaners like Pledge or Mr Sheen at a £1 a spray can.

Ive found out though the secret is using a microfibre cloth, not anything else. It works a treat and is very much cheaper than using the fast clean commercial car products :)

Yep-although my favorite car colour its a pain to keep clean -we have three black cars -brother has a silver polo never looks dirty even when it hasnt been washed for months!!!:(

Whilst Black looks great its true to say its a bind to keep it looking great. For the first time I clayed the car and what a difference, I then applied a good quality wax polish but now I just keep it up mostly with one of those proprierty all surface cleaners like Pledge or Mr Sheen at a £1 a spray can.

Ive found out though the secret is using a microfibre cloth, not anything else. It works a treat and is very much cheaper than using the fast clean commercial car products :)

I once was parked next to a biker gang whose black bikes were gleaming and when I asked them what the secret to that level of shine was, they said.....Mr Sheen!

May seen like a really stupid question, but has anyone with a black car tried waxing it with shoe polish?:doh:

I once was parked next to a biker gang whose black bikes were gleaming and when I asked them what the secret to that level of shine was, they said.....Mr Sheen!

I use Mr Sheen on the fairings on my bike after washing - comes up a treat - and also WD40 on the wheels.

I remember going to a motor show at Earls Court in the late 60's and entered as it just opened. The staff on the Rolls stand, that was roped off to the plebs and invite only to get on the stand, were just putting the final polish on the two black models using Pledge and dusters! I guess it was a quick safe and easy solution as the interior wood/leather can be cleaned and polished too. I still use it on my interior wood/lacquer and it brings off glue from labels that you peel off that leaves a residue behind on all sorts of surfaces. Handy at Xmas when you want to remove a price sticker invisibly.
My dad swore by black polish on the tyres, it really works well. But then he had sold cars in the past with sawdust in the gear boxes to quieten down the cogs!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom