Black ml drivers door w164

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benplym

Car
Ml320
Ive had a prang, a big one involving a concrete pillar, in desperate need of a drivers door as repairing it is ridiculous, they see an ml and presume they can rip you off, it's quite annoying, I have never payed more than £150 to repair similar damage (which I see as a reasonable price for the work/skill involved) and the same places want twice that for a dent!

I have looked everywhere I'm not being lazy I cannot find one anywhere, I don't mind a scratch or 2.
Thanks

nick mercedes said:
I can sell you a used door for £150 or a new one for £250

Hi Nick, sorry for the delay, I don't get notifications for some reason, what sort of condition is the used door in? And is it a complete door or just the shell? I'm pretty horrendous at doing anything so need to check with someone who may be nice and move parts from my door to new door.

Also can you send it via courier? Thanks

It's a bare door, I can email you a photo?

Yea that would be ideal, I have a guy getting back to me on repairs today, if it's silly il take you up and get it sprayed. Would it be well out on colour? [email protected] cheers

Would it be well out on colour?

That door will have spent years in different conditions to yours, plus even from the factory the colours aren't an exact 100% match to each other vehicle that has the same paint code.

Don't be tight, get the job done right. :thumb:

SPX said:
That door will have spent years in different conditions to yours, plus even from the factory the colours aren't an exact 100% match to each other vehicle that has the same paint code. Don't be tight, get the job done right. :thumb:

I am a full blown right ass if I'm honest. But I'm reluctant to pay a sprayer more in labour than I pay my solicitor( who is an expensive one) I'm still on the hunt for a reasonable one , not cheap, just reasonably priced.

Benplym said:
Yea that would be ideal, I have a guy getting back to me on repairs today, if it's silly il take you up and get it sprayed. Would it be well out on colour? [email protected] cheers

Guy got back to me and took the p### big time so I'm quite interested. Can you send a pic to the email address I just posted as I can't get messages on here yet. Thanks

Nick has quoted you £150 for a door, you are suggesting you will need to pay someone to transfer over all parts and then you will have a door that will almost certainly not match.

Surely the £300 you have been quoted is a better deal?

Or, get more quotes?

DSM10000 said:
Nick has quoted you £150 for a door, you are suggesting you will need to pay someone to transfer over all parts and then you will have a door that will almost certainly not match. Surely the £300 you have been quoted is a better deal? Or, get more quotes?

Thanks but The first thing I did was add up the costs, £400 with VAT for repair and spraying with a good sprayer in this area, had another for £250 and his works not great, my brother is pretty handy with this sort of thing, he does most things to my cars/bikes, and he will put it on for a take away and cup of coffee. He sprays but is not confident enough to spray the car that I just ploughed £14k into.

He is also a wizard with a polishing mop and I am pretty confident it will look very similar with some decent elbow grease and the right products applied, if not then I've sh#t out.

The state of the paint when I got the car was unreal, typical woman that takes it to the local ex petrol station car washers owned it, half a day on the mop with some expensive fluids and it looked brand new until my encounter with a concrete pillar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom