Black paintwork wax and sealant suggestions

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by charlieturbo31, Apr 24, 2018.

1. charlieturbo31

charlieturbo31 Member

Car:
    C220 CDI Coupe
    Whats up guys,

Has anyone got any recommendations for the best or most efficient wax and sealant to use on black paintwork? So far i have been using Poorboys black hole - Which seems to have done the trick, but am trying to find a wax to suit.

Angel wax dark angel seems good because it has fillers, sealant wise i am yet to find anything!

2. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    I'm using Dodo Juice Black Window over the Black Hole glaze.

I don't need my car to look like a mirror, I'm more interested in that deep oily look. - If someone has got better suggestions, I'm interested too.

charlieturbo31 likes this.
  3. SL500AMG

SL500AMG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL500 AMG Sport
    G-techniq on mine really pleased, this shot is after it rained on it today![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. lordlee

lordlee Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
    Vics concours wax is excellent on black paint. It’s got gloss that looks like you could swim in it. Perfect for red cars too.

SL500AMG and charlieturbo31 like this.
  5. lordlee

lordlee Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
    This is Vics on my old CLK

[​IMG]photo2

6. wu56Shoozz

wu56Shoozz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
    Car:
    MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
    One Word... "Stunning!"

7. JDL60

JDL60 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E63 AMG 5.5 V8 biturbo
    Gyeon ceramic

SL500AMG and charlieturbo31 like this.
  8. knighterrant

knighterrant Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 Facelift C350 Sport Saloon with M276 petrol engine
  9. TinnitusJosh

TinnitusJosh Member

Car:
    C63 W204 P31
    63.jpg

One round of Gold wash-n-wax at the local Esso on Sunday, this taken last night :D

blademansw likes this.
  10. zipdip

zipdip Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    s320
    You should not have tried to polish the number plate you have made a mess of that.:p

blademansw, eight, PaulG and 5 others like this.
  11. Dizz

Dizz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 (w209)
    What I’m using at the moment......
    Meg’s gold class wash
    PB’s Black hole
    Gtech C2v3 (sealant)
    PB’s Blue natty wax
    (Micro fiber clothes)

Gtech C2v3 was a wipe on wipe off process, can’t see how any gets left on the bodywork but that’s how its done.

Anyway here’s a couple of pics, one hour from finishing and it’s now covered in a fine layer of yellow pollen from the tree reflecting in the bonnet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Stevedegal

Stevedegal Member

Car:
    Cls500
    I've always used regulars gold class. Canuba wax every few months with quick detailer inbetween

13. chrisk2010

chrisk2010 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C230 w203
    Well yesterday it arrived.... Dodo Juice Black widow.

This morning I got up before the birds had time to hit the snooze button with the aim of a quick detail before work.

-I used AF iron out on the alloys.
    -I washed the car over with slightly concentrate Autoglym shampoo using the detergent attachment, then rinsed with the pressure washer and gave to another sudsing with the pre wash.
    -I used the two bucket method and worked my way around the car and again with the sudsing rinsing with shampoo and then pressure washed the car over.
    -I then sprayed the iron out on the body work and used the two bucket method again and the G3 clay mit and worked around the car a panel at a time.
    -You guessed it hit the car with more suds to rinse and then pressured washed all around till I was happy.
    -I used my two drying towels to dry the car then I broke the seal on the Dodo Juice.

At first glance the best way I can describe it is that it is like shoe polish for cars (it smells a bit like shoe polish too). I didn't used the sponge applicator it came with as it was cr*p so I went with the ones I had which are more like the one that came with the Double speed wax.

I applied it left it to flash and then began to buff off and instantly at this point I realised how good to me the double speed wax is. It was hard work buffing off the Dodo Juice, the only thing that made it easier was doubling the microfiber clothes to give a bit more cushion (so I’m using four clothes at once folded into quarters) one in each hand, one hand to remove the other to buff up.

The finish and shine was very nice definitely a little deeper and oilier than BH double speed wax now at this point i would love to post a picture but while working around the factory the gardeners turned up and completly covered every car on site in shite:mad: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.

There just isn't enough emoji's to describe my frustration leaving a shiny car and coming back to one that looks like i have driven it through a feild. Iwon't even touch it with a quick detailer as they would have blown up ALL dust and grit from the car park.

So it'll have to wait till tomorrow now when i can give it a quick clean and top it up with another coat.:cool:

TinnitusJosh likes this.
  14. ph47mf

ph47mf Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 335D GT xdrive M-Sport
    yes the battle never ends.

after washing my car, it would only take 2-3 hours for it to be covered in dust and bird poo. :wallbash:

15. chrisk2010

Car:
    C230 w203
    Never ever ends but one thing is for sure, this will be the last black car I own :D

16. Dizz

Car:
    CLK320 (w209)
    That’s what I said 20 years ago! But here I am again for more punishment

Mazda MX-6
    [​IMG]

chrisk2010 likes this.
  17. chrisk2010

Car:
    C230 w203
    I think 20 years is about enough time to forget how much of a pain they are.

I took the chance a dared the paint work with a QD but the cloth was just to dirty with the smallest wipe so I plan to soap it up and dry it tomorrow morning because it’ll drive me crazy but I’ll schedule a detail for the bank holiday Monday.

After that I’m going to give it a rest for a bit and just wash and clean because it’s wearing a bit thin.

18. Dizz

Car:
    CLK320 (w209)
    Time is a great healer but also it can dull the pain until you forget and end up doing it all over again

I had two ton of yellow pollen land on my car about ten minutes after I had finished last weekend!

Any one using this, it has anti-static properties apparently.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  19. chrisk2010

Car:
    C230 w203
    Thanks Dizz, I'll book mark it for when i create some space in the detailing bag i need to use up a few bits before i buy anything else :).

Sorry if i sound a bit surly but i think I'm just grumpy after the horror from this morning lol

20. Dizz

Car:
    CLK320 (w209)
    I think we (black painted car owners) need to start a self help/therapy group