Black Plastic Trim Revival / Meguiars Ultimate Black or Endurance Tyre Gel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Pretty sure I remember doing a test on this a while ago and the Tyre Gel left the trim too greasy.

What's other folks tips or tricks on either Meguiars or other products?

How about small black metal parts like wipers as an example?

I user "Mer Rapid Dry Tyre Shine" at the weekend and they came up very well. They are PS4S's and have a matt finish which required me to spray on the liquid and wipe it off almost immediately. Tyres look great and the little bit of over spray appears to have cleaned up the rims nicely :thumb:

Old engine oil on a rag or the meguiars. The later shouldn't be greasy if you wipe any excess off, it is easy to over apply it it really does go along way on trim.

I user "Mer Rapid Dry Tyre Shine" at the weekend and they came up very well. They are PS4S's and have a matt finish which required me to spray on the liquid and wipe it off almost immediately. Tyres look great and the little bit of over spray appears to have cleaned up the rims nicely :thumb:

I use the Endurance on tyres, works well.

Old engine oil on a rag or the meguiars. The later shouldn't be greasy if you wipe any excess off, it is easy to over apply it it really does go along way on trim.

Which Meguiars is best though?

Think I'll use the Ultimate Black, it's pissing down now though so rained off. ;)

Pat - don’t bother with those temporary products and go for the permanent solution :) Gtechniq C4 - Permanent Trim Restorer - AGW Automotive

This. You will never use anything else. Works like magic and lasts long, long, long time. Easy to apply and you need only a drop or two for most small trims. I still have the smallest pack and have used it on my last 3 cars.

Thanks, just watched some of the videos, looks to work very well and only a small amount required.
Would make a lot of sense to do a sort of permanent repair rather than just a temp. one.

Need some in a hurry though as I have the lower windscreen trim off now and my favorite store Amazon (Prime) don't do it.

Will check with these guys and see if they can get me some here for Friday.

Quite a few places selling C4 on ebay.

Quite a few places selling C4 on ebay.

I'm a bit on the paranoid side with imitation stuff on ebay so rarely use it now. ;)

When no answer from AGW I went to the Gtechniq web site and picked an official seller, UF answered straight away so were my first choice. Had notification saying it should be here tomorrow.

I have been fighting this problem for years now .I would have thought Makers of cars would go out on a limb to get the black trim to stay as they are from new . Most of the mercs i have had , and others cars the trim on them tend to go grey, to whitish , after only a few years in the sun ,.Some cars the complete bumpers go grey . I think painting the trim is the only answer . Or replace the part if possible .

C4 is good stuff it seems to last the longest on the trim under the windscreen.

Has anyone ever tried using a hat gun to re-float the plastic i have seen lots of videos of this being done but don't think i'd be brave enough to do it without having a brand new spare part next to me.

My little bottle of magic just arrived, UF added to my list of preferred shops.

Has anyone ever tried using a hat gun to re-float the plastic i have seen lots of videos of this being done but don't think i'd be brave enough to do it without having a brand new spare part next to me.

Not for me, kind of thing my mate would do without thinking though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom