Black Series Steering wheel on C200K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello I'm new on this board and my name is Emanuel. My english isn't very well but I hope it's good enough for you :)

I know that this thread ist is one year old but I'm very impressed about fitting this steeringwheel in an W203 C-Class. That looks great!
I own a C 180 Kompressor, MY 2004, an I want to fit this kind of steeringwheel too. Can you tell me to fit this, if this is plug & play or is it quite complicated? What I want to know is, can every Mercedes Service Station fit this wheel?

So I hope you excuse my bad english.

Hello I'm new on this board and my name is Emanuel. My english isn't very well but I hope it's good enough for you :)

I know that this thread ist is one year old but I'm very impressed about fitting this steeringwheel in an W203 C-Class. That looks great!
I own a C 180 Kompressor, MY 2004, an I want to fit this kind of steeringwheel too. Can you tell me to fit this, if this is plug & play or is it quite complicated? What I want to know is, can every Mercedes Service Station fit this wheel?

So I hope you excuse my bad english.

Hiya welcome to the forum. I was the first to have this mod done to my 05 C200K Sport by those wonderful guys at Comand. I am sure that Alfie or Richard will reply shortly as they may have some links to someone in Germany who has, and can use a star machine to get this mod working for you. You will of course need to have a wheel with paddles (triangular) if poss, all other advice you will need to take from the guys at comand.

Thank you!

Is it importend to have a wheel with paddles? My car is an Automatic but I think I don't need this option. So fit this mod is not plug & play and I just need someone with a star machine. A Merc Dealer could not do this mod?

The next point is, to find out if the German TÜV will allow that modification....

Very good thread! I am wanting to fit the Black Series CLK steering wheel to my c180k sports coupe 2004 face lift model. Will it fit?

Any ideas where to get the wheel from?
Does anyone know if the paddles will work on a manual? Can you get it without the paddles?

What price we looking at for the wheel & fitting? Is there anywhere else to get the wheel fitted other than comand.com?

Many Thanks.

Comand Ltd quoted me £120 fitted for the black series 4 spoke wheel.

But has anyone fitted the new style 3 spoke steering wheel to a C Class w203 sports coupe?
If not anyone know if it would fit?

img41601gl9.jpg

£120 fitted?
Does that price for the steering wheel and the fitting of it?

£920 for the 3 spoke
£650 for the 4 spoke
£120 for fitting.

Can anyone get them cheaper than this, if so where from?

Comand Ltd quoted me £120 fitted for the black series 4 spoke wheel.

But has anyone fitted the new style 3 spoke steering wheel to a C Class w203 sports coupe?
If not anyone know if it would fit?

img41601gl9.jpg

Don't think it will fit. I spent a lot of time investigating wheels for W203, and i recall someone stating that a W204 will not fit and work i.e multi function buttons etc on a W203.

There are however, a number of nice looking steering wheels on ebay, you just need to check with the seller that they will be compatiable, plus nyou will probably need to purchase a new airbag if you decide to change the style - can be expensive.

OK, Thanks for the info tudu.

I agree with you in terms of the buttons are different on this wheel compared to my existing wheel. However, comand ltd think it will fit.

I am now tossing up between the Brabus wheel or the black series wheel.

Anyone have a picture of the Brabus wheel? Can it come in full leather rather than suede inserts?

Click the links in the sig for more pics, Brabus wheel is expensive, but oh so nice...

The costs and part numbers are in the last link.

Last edited:
Just tried it but the link does not work for part numbers.

Are the inserts below the buttons and the top of steering wheel, suede or leather? If yours is suede, is it possible to get black leather?

Would the steering wheel from the Black Series CLK fit my c180k sports coupe 2004? I.e the wheel kjay fitted on page 1 of this thread.

Would appreciate some pearls of wisdom.

http://www.brabus.com/index_en.html

For those interested in getting the Brabus look, the parts are from the current SLK range -

Part #171-805-10 - US Price is 1795USD (£965)
BRABUS sports steering wheel ø 380 mm, bis 03/08 with BRABUS shift paddles, combination leather/alcantara, black not in connection with steering wheel heating (code 443) only in connection with steering wheel shift buttons (code 428)

The version without Paddles -

Part #171-805-00

BRABUS sports steering wheel ø 380 mm, bis 03/08 combination leather / alcantara black, not in connection with steering wheel heating (code 443)

Gear Shifter (fits 5sp and 6sp manual, and Auto)

Part #171-817-00 - UK Price £170
BRABUS gearshift lever aluminium/alcantara

Last edited:
Just tried it but the link does not work for part numbers.

Are the inserts below the buttons and the top of steering wheel, suede or leather? If yours is suede, is it possible to get black leather?

Would the steering wheel from the Black Series CLK fit my c180k sports coupe 2004? I.e the wheel kjay fitted on page 1 of this thread.

Would appreciate some pearls of wisdom.

I am sure the BS wheel will fit your coupe as KJay has done it. Best PM him, or he should be along to answer your queries. Think you will be better off with the BS wheel rather than W204 wheel.

Agreed. I am going for the BS wheel.

How do I PM kjay???

Agreed. I am going for the BS wheel.

How do I PM kjay???

You need a post count > 30, then simply click on kjay's name on his post

Is there anywhere else to get Brabus wheel for less that £965 from mercedes. Does this price include airbag? As I can re-cycle my one to save some cash if it does.

Due to exchange rate changing from 1.50 to 1.05 the price of black series wheel from AGE STYLING is £632 without air bag!

So am thinking more along lines of brabus wheel now. Also not sure if black series wheel might be a bit OTT for a c class coupe!

Just got message back from AGE STYLING the airbag is now £344. So cost of black series wheel has gone from £745 to £976! Bloody exchage rate!!!!!

The spoon is now broken!

The non-paddle version is here.

Ignore the pic - it's wrong!

Cost is £587 and it's a direct replacement for the W203 3 spoke sports steering wheel rim.

The buttons and air bag port straight over as mine did.

The paddle shift version is not listed on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Venomous!

Stealership wanting £793 for brabus wheel.

So £587 is a decent improvement on that. Have been trying to call mercedes benz parts but never seem to answer phone. Are they a reputable firm?

Just about to order diamondblack discs and koni FSD's shocks and eibach springs!!! Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom