Black trim bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flackadder

Car
C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
Any good products out there that can return black trim (like around number plate etc) to a decent state? Before I got car some careless overkill with polish has left them white..ish in places.

Cheers

Try heating with a hair dryer. An old trick we used to do on motocross bike plastics to make them glossy again

I bought a bottle of Carplan Black Trim Wax - I think from a recommendation from here.

Works well although I only have to use it on the rear bumper just above the exhausts.

NOTHING, and I repeat nothing, beats coconut!

You either want 100% virgin coconut oil (comes in a jar solid)

Or you want Palmers coco butter

Grew up on palmers coco butter (for moisturising) which is probably why I still look 10 years younger than I am :eek:

Decided to use some on the black trim once as was previously using Johnsons baby lotion and I've never looked back :thumb:

Dodo juice trim sealant, all the other stuff will fade as quick as it took to apply.

I swear by Carpro P.E.R.L. It is ridiculously versatile as it can be used on any shade of external plastic trim, in the engine bay, on rubber seals, tyres and even leather upholstery. It really is one product to rule them all. The level of shine you require is controlled by the dilution rate you chose together with the number of applications. Horizontal plastic surfaces degrade fastest due to longer exposure to the sun's UV light. The plastic heater intake vents around my windscreen wipers of my 13-year old pickup truck were a light powdery grey yet 3 applications of P.E.R.L diluted at 1:3 with deionised water had them restored to a deep black sheen. At full strength on tyres you can choose anything from a sheen to full gloss black depending on the number of applications. Because it dilutes with water, a bottle lasts for ages. I have it at different strengths in different spray bottles. Reapplication is roughly every 3 months depending on conditions.

CarPro PERL Coat Protectant | Rubber, Vinyl and Plastics protection - Clean Your Car

And as I have de-ionised water here at work for my printing business....a bonus :)

I used to use ACF-50 on my old E39, it worked really well on all the ancient trim. And it seems to last very well.

Would any of the above work on the wiper units? The big black cover on my 211's wipers has gone quite white, and I'd love to get it back to black.

Would any of the above work on the wiper units? The big black cover on my 211's wipers has gone quite white, and I'd love to get it back to black.

Paint it.

** not the windscreen surround!

I suspect the Solution Trim stuff posted above would do that rather nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom