Black W203 door handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennyboy

Car
c200K
I have read the thread regarding the black door handler on W202 - which I agreed - these black handles look too urgly. Mine is a W203 Classic, and it has the same ugly black door handles :crazy:
Does anyone knows how to remove these handles on the 203? I would like to try a bit of DIY, but won't mind to search for some chrome covers. However I cannot find any on eBay, all I could find was the handle shells...
Any suggestions :bannana:

hi all, I also am on the look out for w203 silver or chrome handle covers.

Thanks in advance if you see any!

Cheers

Steve
:D

nigel cross said:
Usually lots on ebay, search Mercedes chrome :bannana:

Thanks for that but they seem to be only these shells which are two-a-penny. need the actual handles (or a trim to fit over the top of the handles)...

(hmm... i wonder if i could order them from the stealer?)

If going down the Stealer route they can supply pre painted door handles if ordering for Elegance/Avantgarde and they will of course fit the Classic. Elegance handles will come woth chrome finsh on top where Avantgarde handles will not and will just be colour coded (but no doubt this will not be the cheapest option).

Cheapest thing to do would be to remove the handles and get a bodyshop to paint them or if confident do a DIY respray yourselves. The link below is from another forum and explains/illustraes with pics on how to remove the door handles...

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39278&highlight=door+handle+removal

The handles should be about £15 each pre-painted in whatever colour.

Shude said:
The handles should be about £15 each pre-painted in whatever colour.

Sounds very reasonable to me in cost then if £15... :)

Has anyone ever replaced the rear door handles?

I have just recieved a full set of colour coded handles off E-bay and may try and fit this weekend.

Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom