Blackberry 8310 Cradle - wheres the arial connection?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damyers

Car
55 reg SLK 55 AMG
Hi All

Probably being a bit dumb here but here goes...

Just got a Blackberry 8310 so ordered the specific cradle for the 8300, 8310 and 8320. Was delievered yesterday and will slot it in over the weekend. Just a bit confused about the Arial connection.

There does not seem to be a connection from the Arial socket on the 8310 (I am assuming the socket is the one above the Camera or am I being V dumb) so how does it plug into the external Arial?

The only connections to the Blackberry seem to be on the power - I know the actual connection is bluetooth to the crable but it does state in the cradle manual that it connects to power and external arial?

Your comments would be appreciated since am a bit puzzled :confused:

Cheers

Dave

The 'socket' just above the camera is actually a flashbulb.

IIRC, the cradle has a seperate plug that goes in the side of the handset. If there is an external antenna connection, that'll be where it is.

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you...

PJ

Oh - a flashbulb huh :eek:

There is no connection to the side on the cradle - the only connection appears to be power.

Thanks for the reply

Blackberry cradle? Anyone got a part number?

Thanks, only for the Curve, doesn't appear to be a cradle for the Pearl (8100) :(

I have not seen this phone or the cradle but most likely the cradle is using an antenna coupler very close to where the phone antenna is. There would not be any galvanic connection then. Quite typical for modern phones.

I have not seen this phone or the cradle but most likely the cradle is using an antenna coupler very close to where the phone antenna is. There would not be any galvanic connection then. Quite typical for modern phones.

Thanks DB - never thought it would be using that kinda technology - you live and learn :crazy:

what DB said, there is no external antenna connection on the Blackberry Curve (well, there isn't on mine) so the antenna is built into the base of the phone cradle.

It won't give such a good connection as one that plugs in directly but it will help a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom