Blackberry 8310i & SAP version 2 cradle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pos.k

Car
C220 CDI Estate, Alpine White; Jaguar F-Type Coupe Salsa Red AMG SLC 43 Brilliant Blue
Hi Guys,
I have been searching the forum, and there are various old threads on this and it seems that Blackberry and SAP are not (or certainly weren't) compatible. Does anyone know if this has changed? or what level of functionality I would get using the SLR puck?

I believe there is a dedicated cradle to slot in, but thats another 160 quid, and not sure if the company will cover it.

Thanks

I believe SAP support was mentioned on the Bold user manual but it still did not seem to work with the MB BT SAP adapter. I had a chat recently with a guy working for RIM, he had tried to ask this within the company but since he is not working with R&D and the company is big, he did not get any clarification for the issue yet. He is still working on it.

It sounds promising for BT SAP anyway, hopefully it is just a (near) future SW update. I believe some Windows Mobile products support SAP now too.

I was looking into Blackberry / SAP compatability but all I have spoken with have said although RIM do have the remore SIM application it is not compatable with the MB SAP puck.

My dealer even offered to swap my SAP puck for the HPF puck, which is compatable....

I was told it is really only the more recent Nokias that fully support SAP profile that MB use. So I got an E71, which turns out is not fully compatable :crazy: It pairs fine but will not download the contacts :crazy: :crazy:

Real crock huh?:rolleyes:

But seriously - this is a real lottery.. at least the new bluetooth is more generally compatible - even if only in a simplistic way.:eek:

Got round it by syncing the E71 with my old E65, which is completely compatable with the MB SAP and still paired with SAP.

Downloaded my contacts easily. I then imported the contacts into the COAMND address book which remains permanently irrespective of which phone is paired with the SAP.

Now I use my E71 with the SAP and have all my numbers in COMAND :D

Also a lot easier to Voice tag the contacts for use with Linguatronic too, now they are in COMAND's address book :D :D

Yes - but its all frigging about!

Hi guys - If its any help, I have a BB 8310 (Curve) and it works perfectly with the HFP puck. So well it 'grabs' the 'phone conversation when you're 10 metres or so from the car !

Thats the problem with the headset profile - you can add a bluetooth headset even mid-conversation. At least the SAP system has the courtesy to wait until you hang up!:rolleyes:

Had a chance to try a colleagues 8310 with the SAP puck yesterday. Messed around for about 30 minutes but not working, and not looking anything like, either.:(

OK so need to rethink the blackberry route.

Thanks all for your help anyway.

I was just browsing this other forum where they claim one other phone (HTC) supporting BT SAP but not working with the MB (Peiker) adapter. Instead the HTC device actually works fine with the Nokia 610 BT SAP car kit. I wish I had a Blackberry to try, I have a Nokia 616 kit too (616 is the same as 610 but it supports both SAP and HF) but it could be that there is an issue with the way Peiker has implemented SAP.

And the bonus for them is that there appears to be no after market support. Every time a SW bug appears, owners are supposed to wait until they release a new adapter version and would buy one on their own cost. :mad:

http://www.db-forum.de/forum/hifi-t...p-v2-und-neues-htc-touch-hd-2.html#post287375

Of course this does not prove that the Peiker adapter is no good but it proves it could be better and could work with more phones than it does today.

Downloaded my contacts easily. I then imported the contacts into the COAMND address book which remains permanently irrespective of which phone is paired with the SAP.

Does this mean that if someone else uses your car and pairs their phone to your system they have access to all your contacts?

Does this mean that if someone else uses your car and pairs their phone to your system they have access to all your contacts?

The question was not for me but the answer is "yes". But if you have your mistress on your phone book, you can skip that and send all other contacts. What else would be secret on your phone book for those who you allow to drive your car anyway (or for someone else for that matter)?

But if you have your mistress on your phone book, you can skip that and send all other contacts.

I think that you should perhaps not store her number under 'Mistress' but use something covert - like 'Thai Sauna' or something like that. That way your wife would never guess!:D

The question was not for me but the answer is "yes". But if you have your mistress on your phone book, you can skip that and send all other contacts. What else would be secret on your phone book for those who you allow to drive your car anyway (or for someone else for that matter)?

As DB says, yes. So are all my voice tagged navigation addresses and no, Home isn't one of them!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom