Blackberry Torch or IPhone 4?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like all tools the ones that work best are purpose designed to do just one job. I had an iPhone 3GS and kept thinking that the signal was bad for the recipient of my calls. I upgraded to the 4 and there have been no such issues. I believe that there is now a noise cancelling element to the microphone so that people are unaware of background noises when I call them.

Apps... many poor ones but some outstanding ones are available too, depending on your line of work. I can carry a full reference work of surgical procedures, diagnosis treatments and x-ray appearances. This would normally be expected to take up many hundreds of pages of reference book.

The interface on the iPhone is very polished and may beat the others by a wide margin. The soft keyboard is a fantastic feature that lets you use the phone for any purpose. I have a bumper type case that eliminates the antenna drop out and the wifi connection works anywhere there is a wifi connection. Printing from the phone, scanning to the phone, and pdf document handling all add up to a very competent package.

If buttons are a must, then you should look at other phones because Apple's offerings are unlikely to sprout a whole heap of buttons any time soon. Dropping the phone will probably damage the screens but there are numerous cases on the market that will prevent that. Currently, using an Apple iPhone will mandate that you install iTunes on your computer although the next iteration will possibly not require that as it will be more cloud friendly. IOS 5 and the iPhone 5 will be available within a couple of months.

Currently, using an Apple iPhone will mandate that you install iTunes on your computer although the next iteration will possibly not require that as it will be more cloud friendly. IOS 5 and the iPhone 5 will be available within a couple of months.

iOS 5 is available now, in beta form... and eliminates the need for itunes (thankfully)

although there were always alternatives to iTunes anyways.

iPhone4 is easily the most versatile phone, with apps catering to pretty much everyone, and with the simple jailbreaking procedure can then be opened up even further if you so wish.

iPhone4 is easily the most versatile phone, with apps catering to pretty much everyone, and with the simple jailbreaking procedure can then be opened up even further if you so wish.

Just a warning that if you are intending to jailbrak your device and use it for corporate access, you might find you are very quickly kicked off the corporate network.

There is nothing worse than rogue IOS and android devices on a corporate network.

Just a warning that if you are intending to jailbrak your device and use it for corporate access, you might find you are very quickly kicked off the corporate network.

There is nothing worse than rogue IOS and android devices on a corporate network.

I might think about it...............if I had a clue what it means :dk:;)

Just a cautionary tale;

We see a lot of prob lems with the Samsung Galaxy phone and its bluetooth. Also see a number of issues with Android phones and bluetooth aswell.

But then again, just had a customer walk in with a BB complaining it works fine in one car but hopeless in another!

Apart from Nokia bluetooth which is excellent, the best all round phone and the most common one we see is the iphone. Thats just our experience as a car audio shop and its customers.

My wife has an iPhone 4 IIRC and I have a BB Torch.

The BB Torch is good in terms of the (excellent) keyboard and very good battery life. The interface is a bit of a pain initially.

The iPhone better for browsing and apps. And the interface is very good. But my wife is constantly having to charge it up.

I primarily need a work phone for emails and texts with a battery that will last a day of heavy use so the BB suits me better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom