Blackberry Z10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beemer2

Car
E250 CDI AMG Sport
Anyone got the Blackberry Z10 and Bluetooth paired it with your MB?

Ian

I'm thinking of changing from my COMAND incompatible i-Phone to a Z10, does anybody know if they function with COMAND online?

Andrew,

You confused me with your comment that your i-phone is not COMAND compatable. In what way is it not compatable? My 2011 W212 came with a COMAND I-phone connector cable.

Ian

Wow, I'm surprised anyone buys into the BB10 thing given the proven alternatives out there.

Interested in what the attraction was?

From what I have seen, there's very little that does work with the BB10 handsets at this time and even fewer apps so I'd be surprised if it would work with command.

I thought command works with an iPhone anyway??

There's still nothing to touch BB for security Spike. For our company that is the 1st priority.

Z10 should work fine, bluetooth spec and data connection hasnt changed has it?

Iphone connector cable Beemer mentions is the media interface cable and that is for audio connectivity. I am guessing Andrew has an issue with using the iphone for Comand Online connectivity to use internet on the Comand Online.

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/

Last edited:
Npuk,

The COMAND manual mentions that texts can be displayed on the MB screen

Ian

npuk

Yes that's right, it is the i-Phone's inability to connect to COMAND online features such as MB website and online services that I am concerned about. As a phone and audio device it works faultlessly.

Blackberry best security about Why should IOS at version 6 need to bring out a security patch 6.1.3 you would think by now they had security sorted out but seemingly no

Why couldn't you disagree and counter without the "utter rubbish" flame :dk:.

I debated this move too, iPhone does not support dun over Bluetooth, which is why comand online doesn't work with my iPhone. I thought about swapping to bb, but decided that any online content that I might need, I'd be able to do on my iPhone anyway. Weather-iPhone app. Facebook-iPhone app. Google maps-iPhone app. Google search-iPhone app. It's much easier getting online content to my touchscreen iPhone than it was using the comand online interface, so I doesn't make sense moving to an inferior phone(IMO) just to get online content on my comand.

Can you hook up a mifi or similar and connect the Merc to that?

I use a mifi and it costs me £7 month.

It doesnt use wifi.

Is there not something like a mifi though that puts out a bluetooth signal?

Why don't Mercedes have a data sim in the car like every other manufacturer??

Really, can you qualify that statement, or is it a personal opinion?

Not in any detail no, I am under NDA but I work with both handset mfrs, networks and one or two very large software houses and I can assure you that enterprise customers for whom security is paramount are not looking at BES 10/Z10 as a solution. What you have to remember is that much of the security comes from the backend not the device.

redbaron said:
Not in any detail no, I am under NDA but I work with both handset mfrs, networks and one or two very large software houses and I can assure you that enterprise customers for whom security is paramount are not looking at BES 10/Z10 as a solution. What you have to remember is that much of the security comes from the backend not the device.

Not in any detail.

Says it all. No further comment required.

redbaron said:

As an Enterprise user and running the technology arm in a firm that handles private and sensitive data on behalf of fortune 100 companies and who are paranoid about security the BB scores well above the alternatives out there. There are very few good secure solutions for Personal sensitive data out there for Android and IOS - probably the best one so far is the Good Enterprise solution but that's got a ways to go yet to be as good as it needs to be but security wise its amongst the best AND Multiplatform. We're looking at Bes10 now and I fully expect we will endorse that and do the usual encryption of the device etc etc....

Personally I don't like the Z10 ..I have 2 of them sitting on my dining room table and played with one for a bit BUT it IS secure....just crap compared to an Android/apple ..IMHO ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom