Blackberry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
I'm due an upgrade and have been looking at Blackberry, however, I'm told there have been problems with the micro USB charger port.

Does anybody have and experience of this please?

Had various models over last 10 years and never had a problem,micro usb works fine data transfer to PC is good and quick. They also charge from two contacts on the side of the device if you use the blackberry desktop stand and charger which is what I use. Great device and I recommend it for business use it can't be beaten.

Worked pretty good for the Rioters recently......:dk:

not heard of this problem. my advice would be the new 9900 running qnx as it will be able to run android apps by christmas if my suspicions are correct.

This is Blackberrys best hope.

I understand the micro usb charger problem is due to a recent change is spec - a new problem, which older models may not suffer from.

Not a specific advise... we work with O2 and Orange and deal with our customers' mobile phone issues on their behalf, and over the past couple of years we had a constant stream of both BBs (of all models!) and iPhones (again, all models) being sent back for warranty replacement. The things are brilliant but there is a lot of the technology crammed into them, and they do fail.

They fail if you drown them... blackberry are very robust compared to other smartphones.

Not sure if id spend my own money on one at this point in time though.

I've been using a Torch for the last three months or so and no tech problems so far.

They do scratch easily though and I has to stump up £20 for a case. Same for iPhones, I guess.

I found the software hard to get my head around after many years of Nokias - not intuitive. Now, though, I find it v useful for work emails & texts on the go.

The main USP to me is the keyboard which means you can type fast with two thumbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom