Blackbird for Xmas Dinner!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D-18

SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Portfolio
Heard a bit of a fuss in the garden and looked out to see this chap stopping off for his Xmas dinner.....

Sparrowhawk:1
Blackbird: 0

Poor Blackie - I'd only put out some feed about 15 minutes earlier.

Attachments

• DSC_4014.jpg
    DSC_4014.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_4016.jpg
    DSC_4016.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 138
And the meek shall inherit the earth. Aye right!

Send him over Lawrence. I've some tasty pigeon for afters.

Send him over Lawrence. I've some tasty pigeon for afters.

Derek - a couple of years ago (at this time of year) another sparrowhawk nailed a wood pigeon in my garden and sat for about 3 hours munching away on his 'prize'. He couldn't finish it in one sitting, so dragged the carcass under a bush to hide it, then came back next morning to finish it off. The sparrowhawk was challenged by a couple of crows who tried to steal his catch, but he stood his ground and saw both of them off.

A display of determination similar to that exhibited by *** when someone tries to refuse him 'seconds' :)

Nature at work and although I'm an animal lover I really don't mind seeing this sort of thing.

We have Sparrowhawks that visit our garden (lots of birds feeding and bathing in the waterfall to the pond) and I've seen many-a-bird taken. At least they eat their catch unlike cats who usually play with their victims.

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.

Fab picturres, you are making me want to get the 18-200 lens...

It's a great 'do-it-all' lens that you can just leave on the camera for 99% of the time - you know you want one......

Superb pictures, thanks for putting them up.

As Ringway said, it's only being a sparrowhawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom