BlackC55's solution worked :)))) Misfire disappeared

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oasisuk

Dear Olly,

Your idea worked.. I couldn’t belive the results. On Saturday I rang Jack around 10:00 and asked him if there is anything needs to be done after driving car on motorway and he said that nothing needs to be done and it should clear itself (Thanks Jack for explaining the procedure, I didn’t even know that my car is triptonic lol). I Put about 20 Litres of Super Unleaded Fuel and one bottle of STP Petrol Treatment and took car on motorway.When I was driving it to motorway, car was shaking badly on every traffic light and I had to turn off car and turn it back on again. I drove it for one hour on 2nd Gear over 5000 RPM on average 50 Miles per hour. Almost finished all 20 Litres of fuel and came back home. Guess what, My car was as smooth as new :):):) thanks to Olly. It didn’t lose power on any traffic light and didn’t start shaking.
I went to petrol station and put another 10 Litres of Super Unleaded petrol. Car was smooth but check engine light was still on. Yesterday morning I started car in morning and check engine light went off as well :):):):) .
Olly thank you ver much for your idea, I have few questions though and I will be greatly thankful for your reply.

How long you think car will run smoothly as carbon will bulid up again?

How about http://www.ecotekplc.com/PowerBoost.htm to clean it properly as my Service A is due in 200 Miles and engine oil needs changing as well.

Can I use Super Unleaded fuel for few days to make sure it keeps running smooth Until I sale it within 2 to 4 weeks.

I have heard that Star diagnosis machine is used to clean the engine's carbon build up (newly introduced treatment). How much doest it cost and does it really work. Is this method available at your garage.

Once again. Thank you very much for your help and everyone on this forum who advised a solution.

Kind regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom