Blackcircles Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have used Blackcircles a couple of times.

The first time I had no problem. Not so the second time.

Two days after I had a front pair fitted, there was a bit of banging and vibration from the front, one front wheel was loose, the other would have been loose after a few more miles. I tightened the wheels, then reported the fitters to Blackcircles, who promised to take it up with the fitters.

I was still not happy as there was a bit of wobble, obviously balancing issues.

I went back to the fitters (by then it was two weeks after fitting) but the fitters said that as they fitted them on behalf of Blackcircles, they would not rebalance them free of charge. As I paid Blackcircles for tyres, fitting, balancing etc, I was less than amused.

I took them somewhere else to get them rebalanced, and again reported them to Blackcircles, who re-imbursed my rebalancing cost, and again promised to investigate.

I am now ready for more tyres, but notice that my nearest (to work) fitting station, the one I had all of the bother with, is still on their list.

I am undecided whether to go stick with Blackcircles and use another fitter, or go somewhere completely different.

The biggest trouble with internet traders like Blackcircles is that they have little control over the quality of the independent fitters that they use. Their prices are excellent.

Recently got some rear tyres for SLK. Shopped around, and the cheapest place turned out to be the dealer!

Reactions: 219
You wouldn't happen to work for them by any chance?:rolleyes:

No I dont work for them and they are not even based in London!

I have used them to buy tyres and found the prices are good. My local garage have been good and havent had an issues but obviously the service you get will depend on the local garage you use.

Last edited:
I recently used these and they send out their own fitters in a merc van balanced everything plus good prices and MO tyres too
Here

I have used them, but specified where I wanted the tyres sent for fitting, very good price, and fitted by the people I wanted them fitted by.
You don't have to use their recomended fitters, just pay for the tyres and make arrangements with your local friendly tyre shop:thumb:

Last lot were put on by ETyres and service was excellent as was price and they came to office to fit too.

I too have used Event Mobile Tyres several times and they come highly recommended. They were the only people whom didn't damage/mark the wheels and used self adhesive weights so as not to damage the laquer.:thumb:

I have used Blackcircles a couple of times also.

Generally they have been good but make sure you choose the garage fitting them carefully. Last time I used them you could select which one.

My last experience could have been better but it was the garage that let me down. Two weeks before I had all 4 of my wheels refurbished back to as new. I asked them in the garage if they would please be very careful with the air gun as I had just had the wheels refurbished.

This did not get passed onto the guy who did the work on changing the wheels and he marked and chipped every wheel around the bolt inserts and he slipped the gun on one wheel going through the lacquer and paint in between the bolt inserts.

I know you cant keep em looking good forever but I was gutted.

Just get them to refurb them , they damaged them.

If they were mint when they went in , and you asked for special care , and they damaged them , i wouldn't be leaving with a shrug of my shoulders.

I've used Etyres three times now, once at home, once in scotland and once in west yorks, every time the fitter has been courteous, service as specified and tyres been great value.

I have used Blackcircles a couple of times also.

Generally they have been good but make sure you choose the garage fitting them carefully. Last time I used them you could select which one.

My last experience could have been better but it was the garage that let me down. Two weeks before I had all 4 of my wheels refurbished back to as new. I asked them in the garage if they would please be very careful with the air gun as I had just had the wheels refurbished.

This did not get passed onto the guy who did the work on changing the wheels and he marked and chipped every wheel around the bolt inserts and he slipped the gun on one wheel going through the lacquer and paint in between the bolt inserts.

I know you cant keep em looking good forever but I was gutted.

You can specify the bolts to be removed and re-fitted MANUALLY. Ensure this is re-iterated to the mechanics when you go to the garage!!

Used Blackcircles when I had my BMW. By far the cheapest and great service, fitter came to my workplace, fitted,balanced and very good price.

I have used both Blackcircles and E tyres - both have been excellent .

E tyres came to my place of work and fitted the tyres ; Black Circles had a local garage , which I knew and trusted on their list of fitters .

I simply compared prices on the websites and went with the best deal each time .

Print off your Blackcircles or Camskill quotation and try your local Merc dealer. Apparently they will price match or better for supply and fit.
Tried it myself on Friday (hypothetically) for a set of four 16" Primacys. Dealer beat BlackCircle by £7.00 per wheel.

Tyreshopper is similar, and my last set were from Asda who now sell them online like tyreshopper & Black circles

Just remember to check you get the alloy wheel locking key back, mine went missing, new set of bolts & key are not cheap!

I've always used Blackcircles and got them fitted locally.
99 percent of the time their prices are very competitive

Just had a tyre replaced at MB dealers, very competitive price and they also mentioned they do a price match

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom