Blackvue DR590W 2 Channel - hardwired

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinP

Car
E400d 4MATIC
Hi folks,

Has anyone fitted this item hardwired without using the Black Magic Pro add-on?

Been told it isn't needed but do not want to lose any functionality especially the
Parking Mode: Impact & motion activated

Cheers

G

Doesn't have to be Magic Pro, but you would definitely need a similar device to prevent battery discharge, if you want to keep the parking mode.

The magic pro only keeps the camera on until the battery voltage drops to 12.v Then it shuts down. So its performance all depends on your battery. A better idea is the B-124 battery pack .

Reactions: GLK
I looked into this matter a little bit before, and decided that, the viewing angles and positions of the "driving" dashcams (I have a front BlackVue and a rear Mini-0801), are not the best option, to record footage during parked time.

I, therefore setup my dashcams to go off, after 30 seconds of ignition been turned off, and the parking cams to come in on the dot (so a 30 sec overlap).

Now, the parking cams are powered by a large capacity power bank, which gets charged, when I'm driving, and auto-switches to deliver power, once I turn the ignition off.

The parking cams positioned differently, with two of them giving effectively a 360º overview (so I can see a sideswipe or a key "artist"), including interior.
They are absolutely tiny, and not really noticeable. The cams activated by motion detection, otherwise - a time-lapse recording.
Here's a diagram I draw to ascertain the best positions for these parking cameras:

45498477292_1f000bcaa0_o.png

That's an excellent system. Like it.

That's an excellent system. Like it.
When I finally get a budget together, for a pair of facelift folding mirrors (and fit them), I'll come back to Lightwater to get it coded, we can play with all those cams then.

Is there any danger of the power bank going into deep discharge while parked?

I see some power banks have discharge protection, but not sure all do.

Is there any danger of the power bank going into deep discharge while parked?

I see some power banks have discharge protection, but not sure all do.
I'll check that. It was a while ago, when I bought it, and from memory it has one, but am not 100% sure.

Really should fit a split charger and a second battery for my army of funky gadgets...
There's a perfect space for it, and an OE bracket (facelift BlueEfficiency models have auxiliary battery).

I'll check that. It was a while ago, when I bought it, and from memory it has one, but am not 100% sure.

Really should fit a split charger and a second battery for my army of funky gadgets...
There's a perfect space for it, and an OE bracket (facelift BlueEfficiency models have auxiliary battery).

TBH I think I would just do as you've done.
A power bank, or even 2, with discharge protection is simpler than split charging. While driving it charges automatically, when stationary it runs the 'bonus' kit till it shuts down.
Checking the capacity of the packs might take a bit of consideration, there being enough power to be useful sort of thing. If you're cams have time stamp the last recording prior to shut down might well do that.

It doesn't really matter if the present pack can't protect itself as the worst case is replace anyway, so might as well wait till its us or u/s (similar in my mind).

I have 1 in the document cubby. That feeds out to mobile chargers. Same thing really it charges the phone while on the hoof, and carries on if we want to leave a phone in its cradle, or simply remove the power bank and plug in.
Gone posh now, we have 2 wireless chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom