Blaupunkt CompactDrive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mail@philsmith.

I see that www.caraudiodiscount.com are selling these at a good price of £199 at the moment.(seen them elsewhere for £399 !)
Does anyone know if it will plug straight into the aux input on a W210 Comand 2.0 unit?

mail@philsmith. said:
I see that www.caraudiodiscount.com are selling these at a good price of £199 at the moment.(seen them elsewhere for £399 !)
Does anyone know if it will plug straight into the aux input on a W210 Comand 2.0 unit?
Depends what sort of output it has . . . should be possible though, as long as you can decipher the connections, and as long as it doesn't normally take power from the Blaupunkt headunit with some proprietary connector. Don't know enough about these to be honest.

With max capacity of 1gb microdrive though, and at that price, you might be better off getting an Apple iPod or similar with a larger storage capacity.

S.

Mcrodrive

HI
ive made enquiries previously and they ony work with the blaupunkt head units...a shame

mail@philsmith. said:

OK, then what would you recommend, something similar that will simply plug straight into the aux socket ?

mail@philsmith. said:
OK, then what would you recommend, something similar that will simply plug straight into the aux socket ?
Get an iPod (if you can find one !) - I will be . . . soon . . . 10Gig starts from £249, I think ?

There is no aux socket as such, by the way . . . you will have to make an aux lead and connect to the C2 connector with the correct Pins. I have the pin numbers needed if you get to that stage.

S.

There is an aux socket in the glovebox on my car

mail@philsmith. said:
There is an aux socket in the glovebox on my car
Ah - nice one ! Must be already wired in then. Are you able to take a picture ?

Anybody know the part number for this ? (Is it OEM ?) - if so, please tell !

S.

Any body want a Blaupunkt 10 disc CD changer. :p

Seriously thought about getting one of these compact drives about a year ago, at this price it's gonna be hard to say no.

You are right, they will only work with Blaupunkt head units.

Sp!ke said:
Before you all rush out and buy Ipod's check here http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/

Personally I think the Creative labs product may be a better bet.

OMG , my Ipod must be about to kick the bucket then , it being 17 months old :eek

Nah , i dunno how long it lasts , but mine has been great anyways :)

I think the reason these Compactdrives are starting to be sold off cheap is that they are just way too small. The way to go is Music Keg/Phatbox or the Dension unit which have far more memory and can be controlled from a head unit, the Ipod is a great personal player and i love mine but it is far too small and fiddly to control inside a car

Cheers
Andy

The Alpine HDA-5460 will plug into most newish Apline head units....for those willing to spend !!!

samuelellis said:
depends what model the changer is

It is a CDC A-08, ten disc changer compatible with all Blaupunkt head units that have CD naming.

I am open to sensible offers, what does anybody think it would make on ebay? Obviously what I could get for it will influence my decision as to buy the Compact drive or not.

bugger, wont work with mine

im one of them that has one of the old new york units (fantasic sq, better than the more modern blaupunkts in my opinion and the people at blaupunkt surprisingly but only ONE model of changer will work with it and it went out of production in 98)

try going to www.talkaudio.co.uk and selling it there before you try e-bay

Sp!ke said:
Personally I think the Creative labs product may be a better bet.
Do you mean this one ?

or these ?

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom