Blind Spot Assist Inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rf065

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
A couple of times now the message Blind Spot Assist Inoperative has appeared on the dash when my SLC300 is started up. Switching off and restarting has cured it up to now. Tonight though, it came on again and the left hand door mirror does not fold when locking, and when the car is running the mirror adjustment controls do not work either. Any ideas anyone?

I would be getting your battery tested as the voltage might just be dipping too far when the starter is engaged.

I would be getting your battery tested as the voltage might just be dipping too far when the starter is engaged.
Had it out for a long run to charge battery, even stop/start is working OK and it's usually the first thing to go if the battery is suspect. So, fully charged battery and still left mirror refuses to work at all, not even an intermittant fault anymore.

Reactions: Ted
So to update, starting as an intermittent fault, it now shows, active blind spot innoperative, no adjustments to mirror position from switch on door panel and indicator not working on that mirror only. Does anyone know what fuse covers that mirror?

Anyone help? Nothing working on passenger door, mirror/indicator, blind spot assist and central locking on that door as well, plus electric passenger seat not working either.
Tried an icarsoft scanner which stated the passenger door had a fault but no communication with SAM was possible?

Is it likely to be the SAM itself or is a fuse more likely? Not sure one fuse would even cover all of those faults?

Is it likely to be the SAM itself or is a fuse more likely?
As the fault(s) first manifested as intermittent, I'd say a fuse failure is highly unlikely.

As the fault(s) first manifested as intermittent, I'd say a fuse failure is highly unlikely.
Yes, and it always happens 6 months after the warranty expires! Car only has 7,500 miles on the clock!

Is the SRS light going off as normal? The reason I say this is check the door wiring harness connector, a bit of water ingress here sometimes pulls down the SAM voltage enough for a malfunction, on cars without you don't notice a fault until say the passenger mirror does not drop to the parking position or the SRS light comes on (door airbags a la 203/204 c class troubles)

I have had a few times when restarting the GT at say a filling station when I get the "blind spot assist inoperative', the warning is up but it is in fact working. Goes away when restarted.

Yes, and it always happens 6 months after the warranty expires! Car only has 7,500 miles on the clock!
Talk to MB UK or your dealer they may still sort it considering the low mileage and that is is not something that has failed due to abuse.

I'll contact MB on monday morning & see what they say, no problems with SRS light, just everything else on the passenger door and seat. Just noticed yesterday that when you lock the car with the key fob, the passenger door doesn't lock. Not sure how many times we must have walked away after parking with the passenger door unlocked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom