Blind Spot assist on a R231 SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
I got a Blind Spot assist not working (orange triangle on each exterior mirror) for the first time on Sunday when driving in sleet/snow/slush.

Error went away when conditions improved.

Anyone know where the blind spot assist sensors are? Any ideas why it stopped working?

Thanks.

Happened to me on the CL Sean. The sensors are linked to the front radar parking sensors.

My error went away when the conditions improved, the snow must have cleared from the sensors.

For the Blind Spot Assist on my E-Class, there are radar sensors under the rear bumper on the flanks of the car and I'd suspect similar for the SL. If the bumper gets a buildup of slush and/or ice on it in the area of the radar sensors the system will give a warning message and disable itself. I seem to remember there being a diagram in the manual showing where all the driving assistance radar sensors are, but I can't be a*sed to go out to the car to retrieve it at the moment!

thanks, makes sense.

distronic plus also disabled as 'dirty' .. it was snow/slush accumulating on it.

distronic plus also disabled as 'dirty' .. it was snow/slush accumulating on it.
Had the same myself on Sunday heading down the M1: bowling along on cruise when there's a "beep" and a "Radar sensor dirty, see owner's manual / Distronic Plus disabled" message on the instrument cluster as the car started to gently slow. When I arrived home the centre star on the grill was covered in ice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom