Blocking Ambulance - Wtf?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cameras were fitted to fire appliances because of increasing instances of brick-throwing etc , often during malicious calls where crews are called out and 'ambushed' .

Sorry pick on this but does this actually happen? I was shocked with the ambulance story but what is wrong with these people?

It happens very frequently ! Not only are firefighters and appliances bombarded with bricks , stones , lumps of wood - sometimes they are actually shot at with air rifles !!!!

There was a high profile case in the media a year or two back when a small boy was shot and killed in a Glasgow street by an air rifle pellet meant for a firefighter !

I have had to go out to stations and photograph the damage to appliances done by various missiles , including pellets . We have started a campaign of going round primary schools in an effort to educate young children that we are there to help the community and it is wrong to attack firefighters - hopefully , by educating them before they develop the wrong attitudes this sort of behaviour will cease over the next few years .

All emergency services suffer from this sort of abuse .

Last edited:
5 month suspended sentance. It was a deliberate, and malicious act. Hence the gesturing. A permanent ban, and 5yrs IN prison would have been a more normal sentance. I thought I had misread it as a 5yr sentence, but no 5months suspended.

You can get more for doing 120mph on a deserted motorway.

Disgusting individual and one that should experience the pits of society that we have in prison, where she belongs.

5 month suspended sentance. It was a deliberate, and malicious act. Hence the gesturing. A permanent ban, and 5yrs IN prison would have been a more normal sentance. I thought I had misread it as a 5yr sentence, but no 5months suspended.

You can get more for doing 120mph on a deserted motorway.

Disgusting individual and one that should experience the pits of society that we have in prison, where she belongs.

I wonder if the fact the accused was 31 weeks pregnant had any bearing on things? Oh Bless!!

Someone who is not fit to be in charge of a car could well be imagined to also be not fit to be in charge of a child !

Bring back the American Ambulances that we had in the late 90's, they could simply bash these idiods out of the way in any emergency.

What frightens me is that there is no rational explanation in commiting such acts. This lady can be brushed as a simple IDIOT but calling and ambushing firefighters is just beyond human comprehention unless these lot are sadistic *******s that when they grow up will be serial killers/rapists/child molesters of tomorrow.

In many countries there are laws that protect the uniform (of any service) which impose very harsh retribution for causing harm to officers as each crime is viewed as a crime against the state of law and hence society as a whole.

I can mention one country that had a law, causing an officers (police, armed forces, civil service cover [hat] to fall of) had a minimum of 5 years sentence. (It was presumed that if the hat fall off the officer had been assaulted).

Now I know that all of us condemn and 99.99% of the population would distance themselves of any individual that commits such acts but where is the law to keep these "people" in check. The sane and mentaly healthy part of the society just needs morals to not do wrong but the 0.01% needs fear to keep them in check.
Now I doubt if, that sadistic cow would be smiling on the way to court if the looming sentence would have been 5 years hard labour spliting rocks or digging coal out of a pit for 16 hours a day.

I've argued this point with people for many years. There's no end of explanations excuses, and believe me I'm already sick of the money wasting bureaucracy we have already.
What we need is nothing less than regular, say five years, full driver retests.
The fact there isn't already shows the utter contempt!

And... what effect would this have on the case in Leicestershire?

The woman is 20 - her test could have been no more than three years ago....

Because she wouldn't pass another one!

And then she would either have to walk, and lose some weight and gain some humility or have to haul her sorry fat **** round on a bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom