Blood brothers: Mercedes e55 amg vs chrysler 300c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How can these 2 cars be compared ?
The Mercedes is a superb car.
The Chrysler is a yank tank.

Its like comparing a holiday at a 5 star hotel in the Maldives to a week at Butlins.

E55 is a 211, and the 300C is based on 210

How can these 2 cars be compared ?
The Mercedes is a superb car.
The Chrysler is a yank tank.

Its like comparing a holiday at a 5 star hotel in the Maldives to a week at Butlins.

Have you driven a 300c?

It feels like a mercedes.

Have you driven a 300c?

To be honest - no.

However..... I have read enough reviews of the car to be confident that the opinion I expressed was pretty accurate.
If I am wrong, then the reviews I read were wrong, and if this is the case then I apologise.

But, I still dont like the 300C.

That 300C is one ugly car, propped up to a level of eye catching acceptability only by an impressive/grand front grille.

To be honest - no.

However..... I have read enough reviews of the car to be confident that the opinion I expressed was pretty accurate.
If I am wrong, then the reviews I read were wrong, and if this is the case then I apologise.

But, I still dont like the 300C.

Don't believe everything you read. It may not be a lotus elise but it feels as sharp maybe even slightly sharper than a 210 and there are plenty of forum members on here who are happy with the handling on a 210. I've driven one V8 and 2 diesels.

I do agree it is generally an ugly car and certain pieces inside and out look and feel cheap compared to it's german rivals.

But then it is cheap compared to its German rivals. I've driven a few inc. the SRT8 and 5.7. Yes they are a bit plasticky inside (I actually prefer the suede and leather seats in the Chrysler above the Mercedes). I think that they offer great value for money.

"A legend in its own lifetime, the E55 AMG continued (in both saloon and estate form) until it was superseded by the normally-aspirated E63 AMG in 2007. Over its four-year lifetime 647 lucky UK buyers got their hands on one."

Now I feel really privileged. Never knew what the sales figures were :thumb:

I did drive a 300c when they were fairly new out. Not the hemi, but it made folk stop and point (and occasionally snigger). It was my Director's, on loan to me, and I couldn't give it back quick enough.

Everything felt ready to fall apart and Mrs TDE1 remarked, looking at me from from the passenger seat, that "It's like we're sleeping in single beds in a cheap hotel". Summed it up, I'm afraid (and her car is a Corsa - we're not rich).

I spent a year in a 300C 5.7 Hemi V8 It was a very impressive car in a brutish in your face kind of way, very comfy softly sprung fast as anything handled reasonably had poor build quality,,,,,

But a part of me truly deeply loved it for all of that :) good bad and otherwise

Bet the 300cc didn't rust.

Aye the interiors cheap, but its a massive amount of car for the money, maybe they spent that money on bits that mattered like the engine, transmission and body work?

V12 said:
Have you driven a 300c?

I had a 300C Hemi V8 as a hire car and it was terrible. All noise and not a lot of go... Steering was dreadful, it wallowed and floated across the road and it felt cheap inside, it was exactly what I expected and no Mercedes in my opinion.

I had a 300C Hemi V8 as a hire car and it was terrible. All noise and not a lot of go... Steering was dreadful, it wallowed and floated across the road and it felt cheap inside, it was exactly what I expected and no Mercedes in my opinion.

Depends what you're comparing it to.
I never found it too wallowy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom